• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OH Thoughts on this 1974 Bronco

NEK_Bronco

Loc.
Salisbury
Hello,
I'd like some input/thoughts on this bronco. According to the owner he has been restoring for years, but has lost interest. The list of remaining task are
-Wipers
-Wheels/tires
-Brakes
-Paint top
-Mirrors

My brother lives in the area, so I was going to have him put eyes on it this weekend. I'm waiting to hear from the seller regarding the title, but I assume it doesn't exist since the frame and body are not a match. Will titling this vehicle be difficult?

https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/6183339739.html

Thanks,
Randy

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Well the first problem I see is he list it as a '74 but has a '77 body?
But I guess as long as title and frame match you should be ok but IDK?

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like the seller has put some money into doing this one. In Indiana as long as the title matches the frame you wouldn't have any problems getting it titled. I am not sure about the laws where you live but it looks like a decent rig for the price.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
It looks like a good truck for the money. A few grand in parts and some time you have a nice complete truck there.

As long as frame and title match, you are legit. Heck have a new vin tag made for the glove box door from marti. Here are the frame locations for reference if needed (blue paint on passenger side frame rails.)
4e57ba4d5d359c9ae09d6ca04a775ca3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Seems decent, but you want to check it out real well in person.

compare them vin tags on frame and glove box...

Good luck

67RT

Bronco Guru
Seems like a nice rig to me! I'm not sure how big of a deal the frame/body vin match is however
Only big deal in MD if frame and title match.

There may be a reason he lost interest. Ohio=rust so make sure you have before paint pics.. Looks good but needs close eye.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Frame vin isn't typically checked in Ohio unless it's an out of state title and then they usually still only check the vin tag. That doesn't mean you wouldn't have a problem selling it out of state later or that sometime in the future it could be an issue in Ohio.