• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lee's Special 76 Decor Build Thread

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

I hate to keep asking "where did you get X?", but...

Whose kick panels are those? I'm in the middle of the exact same work and very unhappy with the kick panels I bought.

Not a problem. I looked and searched around before buying anything and will share any information to help out.
I bought them from Bronco Graveyard, they have the welded nuts for the door straps and both the driver and passenger side kick panels fit great without needing any trimming.

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
After being distracted for about a year, I am back on the bronco project. Life may get you down :( but you have to keep looking forward and surround yourself with things that keep you positive :D

I have the floor pans welded in now and will be getting things braced up before starting the kick panels and door posts.

More pics and progress to come...

Nice work! I wish you lived closer to me help we with changing quarters back to stock. You got some skills :)

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Front Body Mount

I got the bent up and messed up front driver side body mount cut off (sorry no pictures of that) and the new one welded on. I had to measure check that the steering box was going to fit but everything worked out. I also had my daughter helping today very happy and proud!!!:):)

Attachments

• body mount side.jpg
    body mount side.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 126
  • body mount top.jpg
    body mount top.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 109
  • leigha grinding.jpg
    leigha grinding.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 128
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

continueing

Well as most people on here know, bondo is used to replace steel way to much. As I was doing the last fitment of the driver door, before I pressure washed everything, I found some rust that someone tried to cover up with about 1/2" of bondo. I cut and ground everything out and replaced it with real steel.

I also got the motor pressure washed and washed the front clip. I will be starting to fit it back on in the next few days.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Clean.jpg
    Clean.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 141
  • motor_clean.jpg
    motor_clean.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 141
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 149
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 151
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

frame painted and patches starting

The front of the frame is painted and most of the passenger side of the frame also. I started a few patches on the inside of the body today also. Little by little its coming along, not building a trailer queen or anything but I want it to be solid and done right.

Attachments

• front_frame.jpg
    front_frame.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 165
  • patch_1.jpg
    patch_1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 159
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

moving "forward" haha

Well I started fitting the front clip support, fenders, and hood back on this weekend. Lets just say that the PO had things welded in the wrong place, like 1" out of place. I have more tweaking to get the hood sitting correctly but its getting there...

Attachments

• front_fit.jpg
    front_fit.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 143
  • front_side.jpg
    front_side.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 132
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

clean motor

I have the motor in-work and being painted. turns out that is has a remanufactured engine in it! The motor looked great and everything inside looks to be fairly new :eek::eek::) fresh paint and new gaskets all around.

Attachments

• motor-2.jpg
    motor-2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 98
  • oil pan.jpg
    oil pan.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 101
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 116
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

paint...

I have purchased my paint. :) The DuPont paint codes were correct for the cayan red color and the Wimbledon white too. Will be sanding, priming, and painting over the next couple weekends. Will be heading to Super Celebration so will be holding off working that weekend.

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Super Celebration has the adrenaline back flowing and the motivation to get this bronco done. I am tackling the chrome this weekend to see the best method to polish it. I also have a few other small things before priming begins.

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

primer done

Got the front primed last weekend and then the rest of the body and doors this weekend. I am so ready to get color back on it, but more sanding and seam sealer to do first.

Attachments

• primed doors.JPG
    primed doors.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 114
  • door prep.JPG
    door prep.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 110
  • prime body.JPG
    prime body.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 116
  • body prep.JPG
    body prep.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 113
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

steering wheel

I am still a ways away from needing this, but I'm not turning down a great birthday present like this! :) :eek:

Attachments

• steering wheel.jpg
    steering wheel.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 114
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Nothing new as far as pictures go... The seam sealer is done and just about everything is sanded. Time to build a paint booth!!!...

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Paint booth/room

Well the paint booth/room is ready. The front will be sealed in for the exhaust fans but that will be right before paint time.

Attachments

• booth_3.jpg
    booth_3.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 68
  • booth_2.jpg
    booth_2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 76
  • booth_1.jpg
    booth_1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Paint!!!!

Finally, after months and months of work the paint is going on. I am hoping to get the body painted next weekend...

back original 1976 code 2 Cayan Red...

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 101
  • painted_fender.jpg
    painted_fender.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 98
  • painted_door.jpg
    painted_door.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 98

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
That's looks great! Have you done the tub yet? Love to see a pic of he tub before you paint.
Matt

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

more paint

The dash is done and all of the engine bay. The tub and rear area will be next weekend. Then the top and the black accents.

Attachments

• engine_bay.jpg
    engine_bay.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 102
  • driver_side_paint.jpg
    driver_side_paint.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 95
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 106