• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

KS 1966 Bronco 289, pretty not preffered

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTBuy_66

I am looking for an original 289, Automatic, 1966 Bronco, preferably one that was raced. So I am NOT looking for a creampuff but one that is a little worn. prefer as little rust as possible and still running.
Don't mind a roll cage or one that has holes where one was, don't mind a missing windscreen, actually prefer it to still have the race setup.
More and older race history the better.
However will consider any 289, automatic Bronco in drivable shape and not a creampuff.
Paying fair for what I am looking for. And definitely not looking for a converted 6 to V8, must be originally a 289 truck.
For anyone that cares I am not going to make a restomod nor hotrod, and will keep the history of the truck intact.
Thank you and hope this finds you well.

OP
OP
W

WTBuy_66

Automatic needed is due to being injured in the military and do not intend to race.

JohnnyB77

Loc.
Amarillo, TX

You are going to have a hard time finding what you are describing .
Broncos never came fro. The factory with a 289 and an automatic .
289 changed over to the 302 in 68/69 . Autos were not available until 73 .
Unless you are looking for a Stroppe then that's a whole other ball of wax

OP
OP
W

WTBuy_66

No autos... but

You are absolutely correct there were no factory automatics.
That is one of the reasons for not being pretty as any restored truck would have a standard. And a lot of race trucks had c4s put in them.
I want to have fun and not worry about getting a ding and by chance have the enjoyment of owning the heritage of a truck that had been raced.
I do not intend on racing it and don't need an expensive "known" racer.

Status
Not open for further replies.