• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LA 71 Bronco

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
https://shreveport.craigslist.org/cto/6141199301.html

Let the trashing begin, but for a PS, power disc brakes front and rear, twin stick, James duff lift, auto and complete interior it may not be a bad start if it runs and drives well. May just be a thin layer of camo over original paint. I would rather have it than a $8500 polished turd with a $300 paint job and manual everything.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
5 years ago be worth $4k Who knows in today's market.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I threw some more questions at him.
Haven't heard back.

There's some good parts there, but he's not gonna sniff 8.5k without reverse and a dead body. (things that immediately look like they'll be replaced: grill, dr fr fender, both rockers, dr door) But no shots of the underside so far, so inners and the suspension looks rusted af.

wgamble

Loc.
Bossier City
I have some guys that work for me that live in Coushatta, will see if anyone knows anything about this rig.

taylorsimoneaux

Loc.
Down South
Anybody talk to him? From the shots, it is hard to tell how bad the rust will be on frame and suspension. Any clue on the issue of the trans not shifting into reverse? Sounds like some chewed up innards.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Anybody talk to him? From the shots, it is hard to tell how bad the rust will be on frame and suspension. Any clue on the issue of the trans not shifting into reverse? Sounds like some chewed up innards.

We've gone back and forth.
He says he's rebuilt the column, so the issue isn't there. So it's got to be something inside the trans that's not engaging. Scares me that it might be beyond a std rebuild kit to solve. Even with new bands, there could still be an issue.

on eBay he's got some newer pictures where he's taken a pressure washer to it, so they're clearer. But it's still a blue base color with a yellow dash; so it's an amalgam of a few vehicles.

But it's a good list of mechanical parts, but it's too far to get a look at it and the investment in body work + trans work out the gate is too rich at the moment. I mean, not going in reverse is a big deal when you think about storage. That's, for me, a minute 1 fix. As soon as I got it home (or in the parking lot of a repair shop) I'd be dropping it and either cracking it open or leaving it with a knowledgeable person.

Also, since when/why are twin sticks mentioned as some huge upgrade? It's a $100 for sticks and a new boot and all you did was cut two flags on a tcase?