• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NY 71 and 73 on eBay

Mrjgp

71 Bronco: Cleaner of the two. no reserve. i need an auto though for my gf. and the plow scares in terms of rust but i don't see anything it looks honest.

73 Bronco: auto. honest. Explorer package? Has a reserve price and looks like its going to require some body work sooner than later.

I know this is a very general conclusion of the two, thats why i'm posting. I'm interested in a uncut 302 full cab so these caught my eye. please give me your .02 of the two. thanks guys.

OP
OP
Mrjgp

Mrjgp

He denied to sent pics? What are the typical areas for broncos? Undercarriage? inner fender? rocker?

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
He denied to sent pics? What are the typical areas for broncos? Undercarriage? inner fender? rocker?

Said it was at another location. Those are some of the typical areas. It states all original paint, not sure what the gurus here think. The passenger side fender definitely looks a few shades different?

Last edited:

Lawndart

Loc.
Personally, I like the '73 better.
It does not have the explorer pak. I like the original paint/patena look.
The '71 looks to have been re-sprayed at some point & looks like some corrosion in the bed near the rear.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I like the '73. It has an automatic, power steering and power brakes. That's going to make it a much better driver. There is probably some rust in the floors from the looks of that front carpet. The few dents it has could be popped out pretty well, paint buffed all over, and it would have a nice original look to it.

I would be more cautious with the '71. It's been plowing and has had bodywork....there may be some hidden surprises.

OP
OP
Mrjgp

Mrjgp

Also a fan of the patina look. Wouldn't want to clear coat it but Here in Florida it's rainy and muggy. Either way I can't afford it bc he just told me his reserve is 25k:-X

OP
OP
Mrjgp

Mrjgp

Yeah I figured 15k was max considering he hasn't done a thing to it. And it's eBay. There's a green one that's similar and he's got it for 31,500. You guys are sitting on gold mines!

1966tiger

I'd love to see the Marti Report on the 71. The Goodyear Polyglass small letter raised white letter tires could be originals. I think the lastpolyglass small letter was made in 73/4.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
The '71 seller won't stop the auction. He's shooting for the moon. I'm on the sidelines waiting to see what happens.
The '73 gets me more excited, because its untouched. But 25K is too much.