• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New To Me '70 - Need Advice

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Finally pulled the plug on a 1970 Bronco. Pictures in My Garage

Engine is a 302 but not original to the Bronco. Automatic transmission but column shifter isn’t operational. Existing shifter is between the seats.

Power steering but no power brakes. Drives straight enough and the important things 'seem to be' operational.

Hard top is in average condition. I’m not planning on using it so not really worried about it. Doors need some alignment for sure. May or may not keep them on, probably not.

Current plans are to:

• Return AT shifter to Column (would appreciate input on this). Yes, the screwdriver handle must go.
  • Reduce tire size from 35’ to 33” I think the rims are 16 x 10. (Would appreciate input on tire size, definitely not looking for anything to wide).
  • Not sure what the current lift height is (any guesses?) but it appears to be suspension lift only. I really don’t want more than 2.5.” I may wait and see until after I reduce the tire size. How difficult will it be to reduce it?
  • New front / rear seats for sure. Will probably just do matching Corbeaus or something like that.
  • I don’t love the paint color but not sure where it is in the priority list. Body is in decent shape, no visible bondo areas that I could locate but not perfect. Probably looking for a color that won't show every flaw.
I would appreciate any comments on these items as well as priorities, etc. Thank you.

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Pictures. ....? Get lots more comments ;)

And welcome to the site.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Congrats & Welcome aboard...

Enable that garage.. No see linky

Or post pic via photobook..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
There it goes. . Nice rig..

all the basics first, brakes, safety.. Lots of potential there. Make it yours

chuckyb

Contributor
Congratulations on your ride and welcome to the site!