• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'66-'67 armrest question

67 Halfcab

I searched for a few hours but couldn't find an answer. For Christmas I received a pair of armrests from Wildhorses. They are the '66-'67 models, my Bronco is a '67. The doors are off a '66 sport. When I went out to check fit them today I discovered a problem. As long as I have had my Bronco it has never had door panels or armrests. There are two clips pressed into square holes that I thought the armrests bolted into, but they are too narrow. On the outside of these clips are two round 3/4" dia. holes that line up with the mounting holes on the armrests. Am I missing something here?

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
I have a couple 66s at the house. I can check for you when I get off work. Neither one of mine have arm rests on the doors.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Ford did some weird stuff in '67. This '67 truck pictured below was "punched" for '67 Ford Pickup. Spacing bolt hole to bolt hole on these was 4" center to center. A lot of '67s didn't even have them, but they were still indented for them (5 1/2" center to center spacing). The '66 armrests are available at the Bronco vendors, but I had to find these other Ford model armrests elsewhere. Door panel pictured is not factory correct '67 dash/door panel color, but I changed a couple other items on that rig for fun too. ;) Hope that helps.

Attachments

• '67 Pickup Truck Arm Rests.jpg
    '67 Pickup Truck Arm Rests.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
My 67 didn't have arm rests. I double checked the old, rusty door panels and no place for them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Casey835

My 66 didnt have armrest but it did have little dimples where that appeared to be where the screws would penetrate the metal if and when installed.

OP
OP
67 Halfcab

67 Halfcab

Interesting...... Here are some pics of the clips and armrests. the clips are 4" on center and the holes on the armrests are 5 1/2" on center.

Attachments

• DSCN0715.jpg
    DSCN0715.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0716.jpg
    DSCN0716.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 98

fordrowcrop

Loc.
Greencastle, IN
The correct answer is the doors you have are from a 67 sport not 66 (no sports were made in 66) the arm rest you have will work, but the 67 sport models used a different arm rest than what you have. What you will have to do to make the armrest you have work is bolt or rivet a small metal strap from the small holes above the 3/4" large holes to the lower small holes and drill a hole in them to accept a 1/4 x 20 pan head screw, there was a special strap from the factory if they were not a sport model, but good luck finding some of them.

ccbronco

That is some good info fordrowcrop. I have new trim panels but need to get arm rests. Do I need to specify sport armrests when ordering? This is the first I have heard of this issue. I have a 67 sport. I have re skinned the doors but the shell in the original so the holes will line up with old arm rests. My old armrests are toast though so I need new ones. I can't find them already in parchment so I know I have to dye the black ones.

fordrowcrop

Loc.
Greencastle, IN
I also own a 67 sport and the 67 sport was the only Bronco model to use that particular arm rest, the only place I have found them available is Wild Horses. If you call Wild Horses speak only with Paul Coots, he knows all about them and he will be able to get a pair for you, they may even stock them now. I think they only come in black.

Last edited: