• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.0 efi engine bay pics!

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I am in the middle of my EFI install and rewiring of my whole truck. I will post pics when I'm done.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Here's a couple pictures of mine.

Attachments

• Phone pics 294.jpg
    Phone pics 294.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 516
  • Phone pics 295.jpg
    Phone pics 295.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 432
  • Phone pics 296.jpg
    Phone pics 296.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 511

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
James - I checked out your EFI pics in your gallery. That thing is going to be awesome! Looks like your doing great work!

OP
OP
JHolloway

JHolloway

Loc.
Acworth/Kennesaw, Ga
Thanks alot brad i really appreciate that! Its really a great experience for me cause im getting to spend time with my dad! Its not our first build and install but its my favorite! Just hope that some day when isaac is old enough that we can have the same experience! Hope to have it running this weekend possibly!

mattt

Bronco Guru
Not 5.0, not the best pic, and air box not where it belongs(it fits between the core support and inner fender...but you get the idea. This has been the last 12 months of my life....still details to wrap up, but it's finally a runner :)

Edit...better pic added after the fact.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 480
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Here is how my EFI came out. Just have to put the plate back on and it is good for now. ;D

Attachments

• Bronco Build Pics 2012 003.jpg
    Bronco Build Pics 2012 003.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 515
  • Bronco Build Pics 2012 002.jpg
    Bronco Build Pics 2012 002.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 559
  • Bronco Build Pics 2012 001.jpg
    Bronco Build Pics 2012 001.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 616

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Here is mine.. I am doing a tranny swap right now is why I have the passenger side wires drapped over the top of the motor.

Attachments

• engine bay.jpg
    engine bay.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 968

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Thanks alot brad i really appreciate that! Its really a great experience for me cause im getting to spend time with my dad! Its not our first build and install but its my favorite! Just hope that some day when isaac is old enough that we can have the same experience! Hope to have it running this weekend possibly!

Get that EFI running?

OP
OP
JHolloway

JHolloway

Loc.
Acworth/Kennesaw, Ga
Hey brad! No not yet. I decided to replace the seals and gaskets in my trans and transfer case since I had them out! It seems like when u go to replace one thing u find two more, I guess thats to be expected with a thirty six year old vehicle! Today I installed a new flywheel and clutch and got my trans and transfer case back in. Maybe I will get it running in a couple of weeks! Just dont have alot of time to work on it so its taking a while to get everything done.

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Some of mine...

1-17-14.jpg

1-17-15.jpg

DSCF3346.jpg

DSCF3347.jpg

bumper.jpg

beaux312

Loc.
Hartford, AL
here is some of mine, got some Mustang valve covers on the way, when they get here Im gonna paint them and the upper intake

Attachments

• coldair box.jpg
    coldair box.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 323
  • TFPOS9.jpg
    TFPOS9.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 377

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
There must be a story behind naming a jackstand Darwin!

I like the way your hydroboost is mounted, who makes that firewall adapter plate?

LOL - They actually say "Darrin Gwin" - they're his stands... ;D

Hydroboost setup came from WildHorses - the firewall adapter is the one you get if you say it's going in with an EFI motor, I think. The angle helps clear the intake...

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Has anyone used the Explorer lower and upper intake with the Explorer heater tube assy ?

I am having clearance issues with ECT sensor and water temp guage sensor and the TFI distributor

Attachments

• TFI distributor top view.jpg
    TFI distributor top view.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 295
  • heater tube with water temp sensor.jpg
    heater tube with water temp sensor.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I'll have to take some pictures of the complete project today - already been wheeled hard.