• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to tell T and J Shift D20 Apart????

NickC24

Contributor
Hi,

I got a D20 off of CL and I dont know if it is a J shift or T shift. The PO had a lot of bronco parts in his shop and couldnt remember. I want to get the rebuild, seal, and bearing kit for it but I need to know before hand. Also want to order the actual shifter and cover as well.

How can you tell them apart? Serial numbers? Internal clues or giveaways?

Thanks

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The J shift (2.36 ratio) has flat brackets welded on the shift rails. The T shift (2.46) has slots cut and a hole drilled thru the end of the rails.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I could join in the discussion and talk your ear off for no other reason than to get my post count up? That would lengthen the thread by a bit or three.;D
Wait, I just did. So I don't have to type anymore after all!;)

Cool.

Paul

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I could join in the discussion and talk your ear off for no other reason than to get my post count up? That would lengthen the thread by a bit or three.;D
Wait, I just did. So I don't have to type anymore after all!;)

Cool.

Paul

yeah Paul since your post is so low good idea lol

OP
OP
N

NickC24

Contributor
I ended up having a T-shift transfer case. Which is what I wanted so I lucked out.

And if its more questions you want, stick around cause I'm just getting started on my build and there are plenty to come. Stay tuned!!!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I ended up having a T-shift transfer case. Which is what I wanted so I lucked out.

And if its more questions you want, stick around cause I'm just getting started on my build and there are plenty to come. Stay tuned!!!!

Twin stick it, you'll enjoy that option/mod....