• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone ever try the Ebay lift kit?

KyddsPly

Honestly a lift kit is a basic set up. Bigger springs better shocks a little bit more caster in the C bushings.

The big difference will always come down to quality. So really comes down to price versus quality.

In my honest opinion, going a cost-efficient route tends to cost more in the long run. I would look to duff or wild horses. You might spend a little more upfront, but it will last longer and have a better ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
SuperLift lift kits for early Broncos have a reputation for being not really engineered specifically for a Bronco and stiff riding because of that.

I think you should buy a better lift now and save both time and money over buying cheap the first time and good the second time.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
That is about as basic as you can ask for. Probably a little too basic.
If everything is in great shape, and all you want is lift, it can work.

But are the original 50 year old abused stock leaf springs in good shape? I bet the at least the bushings are shot if not the springs sagged out by now. It only addresses the C-bushings. The radius arm bushings are probably close to toast and the added angle of the lift will finish them off quick enough. Brake lines are going to be at the limit, and if aged they may not be happy with the stretch put on them. Steering angles will be getting on the wonky side, but if the Superlift moniker of Superstiff holds true you may not even notice it. If the springs have some give you may notice some weird body yaw with dips in the road.

Attac

Contributor
The price for this lift is really not any cheaper than buying the few parts it contains individually.
Most all of the vendors here have front spring sets for @130.00-150.00
U Bolt and block kits are about 60.00
C bushing "Full kit with radius arm rear bushings" 75.00...45.00 with only c bushings
shocks 35.00 each
So 425 for a bare bones kit that has more bushings and the springs will at least be made with the spring rate for a bronco. 395 for a kit with same items as ebay.

I just removed a 2.5" cobbled together kit from a friends bronco and put an engineered
3.5" kit in from a vendor on here. Litterally night and day difference.
Do your research. It will pay off for you.
Chuck

Attac

Contributor
I wish everything were in great shape. Its ok.... Granted most driving will be in San Diego and mostly freeway and city driving, I don't want my ride to feel like crap :)

I am now looking at this bad boy :)
https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/system3_w_WH_Shocks_3in/Suspension_System_3in#reviews

You will not regret getting this kit.
It was between this one and the duffs 3.5 on my buddies and he bought the duff because of them being closer and shipping time was quicker. He was really excited and was in a hurry.

Excellent choice for what type of driving you will be doing
Chuck

OP
OP
sajahi

sajahi

Loc.
Chula Vista
Awesome!! Glad to hear, Its going to be a few months till I get everything together. But its never to early to start some good research and opinions :)

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I wish everything were in great shape. Its ok.... Granted most driving will be in San Diego and mostly freeway and city driving, I don't want my ride to feel like crap :)

I am now looking at this bad boy :)
https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/system3_w_WH_Shocks_3in/Suspension_System_3in#reviews

Soft spring kit and add sway bars.

I have not run the Wildhorses kit, but I understand they are good. Interesting they have a track bar drop bracket but not a matching pitman arm? Generally you want to run them together to keep the angles good.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Awesome!! Glad to hear, Its going to be a few months till I get everything together. But its never to early to start some good research and opinions :)

Definitely never too early. Can’t go wrong with most of our vendors for Any of your needs Just do your comparisons for price and shipping

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You will not regret getting this kit.
It was between this one and the duffs 3.5 on my buddies and he bought the duff because of them being closer and shipping time was quicker. He was really excited and was in a hurry.

Excellent choice for what type of driving you will be doing
Chuck

They have quality products for sure

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I'd get a kit from a bronco vendor. It'll cost a little more, but I think you'll be happier with it. I bought a cheapo Superlift 3.5" kit and it rides rougher than my 01 superduty with leafs on all 4 corners. It gets the job done but some nicer springs would be ideal

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
You don't need 3½" lift to fit 33s. I really enjoyed running 33s with no lift. I had trimmed fenders on all 4 corners (you already have that). Just took a little taller bumpstops up front. And I wheeled it hard that way. Eventually put the lift on so I wouldn't drag so much. After lifting it wasn't as street friendly (100 MPH went from no big deal to about the scariest thing I have done on 4 wheels). I had done a lot of work getting the front end just right as well, track bar riser, heim steering with the angles set perfect, new steering box, new ball joints, wheel bearings, etc.

I analyzed it. Had nothing to do with the quality of the lift. Aero was stacking up on me. The extra height packed more air under the front, which created lift, which allowed more air to pack under. Made the front very floaty at speed. The roll steer wasn't doing any favors as well. I was even doing my best to mitigate it within what I had to work with (rear blocks actually help with roll steer over a higher spring arch).

For what I was doing with the Bronco at the time, it was as much loss of streetability as I was willing to accept for the gains on the trail.

For a highway rig on 33s, I wouldn't do a lift. If I had to do one it would be as little as possible.

I should have put this in before. I was too busy looking at the lifts that you picked and not the use and tire size that you stated you wanted to run.

ransil

Bronco Guru
superlift = superstill

My bronco came with a kit like this there was no flex, zero, none nada.
I wouldn't even sell it when I removed it, it went to the scrap yard.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Good point Bowsher, if highway and street use, maybe just throw a 1” body lift on it and run 33” tires...this keeps the steering geometry untouched and ride quality the same. If you go with a bigger body lift then the gap between bumper and body becomes really noticeable. If you think you really want a suspension lift you could always buy the components here on the parts for sale thread to save a little coin...it’s surprising how many new or lightly used parts come up at good prices.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Rule #1 in the aftermarket you get what you pay for. Check out this write up I did comparing WH to Duffs. Duffs worked with me for 2 years to help me assemble my dream suspension and we finally got to put it together and test it fully. There is no other that will compare IMHO with the full all around ride, off-road, towing, dunes etc. Duffs has it down and I am proud to have been part of it.

Attachments

• 7E33FC5D-571A-44A5-9A16-38FDAE8E32F3.jpg
    7E33FC5D-571A-44A5-9A16-38FDAE8E32F3.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 8D0CCAD1-F74C-49B1-989C-AE9681538740.jpg
    8D0CCAD1-F74C-49B1-989C-AE9681538740.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 5444B175-C6AF-426B-A2B6-0A7739C22045.jpg
    5444B175-C6AF-426B-A2B6-0A7739C22045.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
sajahi

sajahi

Loc.
Chula Vista
Rule #1 in the aftermarket you get what you pay for. Check out this write up I did comparing WH to Duffs. Duffs worked with me for 2 years to help me assemble my dream suspension and we finally got to put it together and test it fully. There is no other that will compare IMHO with the full all around ride, off-road, towing, dunes etc. Duffs has it down and I am proud to have been part of it.

How many inches is that lifted?