• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best place to spend 20k

broncobusted

Hello all. Im getting to the point where i want to do some upgrading to the old bronc. I have a 69 mostly original and i would like to get lockers front and back and axels rebuilt. I would also like to make it an auto and have the transfer case rebuilt. It is a t style. I would also like a 351 with fuel injection and electronic ignition. New wiring harness also. Is this realistic for 20k ?
Thanks for any input and garage suggestions. As close to central nm as possible.
Thanks

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I don't see why even if you didn't do the work yourself 20K should be doable.
8-9K engine
1200 ea axle + cost of lockers and upgraded shafts
wiring harness 1K
600 t-case having rebuilt
around 13,500
rest for misc pumps hoses, computer ect...
just some rough figures

LilMixedUp

Loc.
Bonaire
As long as you stay budget minded and reasonable... pick and pulls; swap meets; and making friends with your local machine shop saves LOTS of money. Take your time, make a game plan and buy when it's on sale and free shipping whenever you can!

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
You can realistically do a complete restomod Bronco for not a whole lot more, if you do your own work and research what you want before do anything. Take your time, watch for deals and start squirreling away parts and you'll be there in short order.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
As long as you stay budget minded and reasonable... pick and pulls; swap meets; and making friends with your local machine shop saves LOTS of money. Take your time, make a game plan and buy when it's on sale and free shipping whenever you can!

free shipping always a plus..

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
That is a very fair budget to do it yourself. We have done similar work for clients and it runs about double that when you add in labor and the inevitable "while you have it that far apart" add on's. Your labor is free to you and the part spend with freight, you will consume most of that 20K budget in that alone to do it right. As far as add on's, you will do those as well, its too hard not too so be prepared and make sure you allow yourself a realistic time frame so you do not get burned out. Above all else, have fun with it!

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
With you being in Tulsa, Id offer to help out on the weekends if interested. Most of everything you described is what I did for about 5-10 years.

OP
OP
broncobusted

broncobusted

Thats is a wonderful offer orange bronco. Unfortunately im moving back to the rocky mountains soon. So i wont be starting until ive moved. I do appreciate the offer. I have to escape this humidity. Ill never complain about the heat back home again not after surviving three oklahoma summers. Lol.