• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Daily Duff 2/27/16

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I didn't read through 6 pages of posts, but has it been suggested you DATE each new post, so the readers know it is something new as opposed to a post started days or weeks ago???? Just a suggestion. After being on board here for 5 or so years, it would be nice to know how old a post is before opening it up......Admin????? They always show the MOST RECENT activity but not the ORIGINAL DATE.

Just a thought........

Pops

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I didn't read through 6 pages of posts, but has it been suggested you DATE each new post, so the readers know it is something new as opposed to a post started days or weeks ago???? Just a suggestion. After being on board here for 5 or so years, it would be nice to know how old a post is before opening it up......Admin????? They always show the MOST RECENT activity but not the ORIGINAL DATE.

Just a thought........

Pops

hmmm, I don't mind adding a date to a post. but unless I'm not understanding you correctly, isn't there already a date in the upper left hand corner of each post?

i agree with getting admin involved on this one, ill pm him.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
The page that says.......... SEARCH: New Posts (and the similar pages)

It shows the most current topics, who posted them, and on the right the most recent response/date/responder.

When you look at the topic posted, there is no way to know how recent or old it is until you open it up - a response dated today could be for a 2 year old initial posting.

As an example, if you continue to post a 'Daily Duff' and there are 3, 4 or 5 on the initial search page, it is hard to know which is the most current or olddest.

Do you get what I am trying to say????

The individaul responses like this one will show the time/date, but not your original one.

Pops

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The page that says.......... SEARCH: New Posts (and the similar pages)

It shows the most current topics, who posted them, and on the right the most recent response/date/responder.

When you look at the topic posted, there is no way to know how recent or old it is until you open it up - a response dated today could be for a 2 year old initial posting.

As an example, if you continue to post a 'Daily Duff' and there are 3, 4 or 5 on the initial search page, it is hard to know which is the most current or olddest.

Do you get what I am trying to say????

The individaul responses like this one will show the time/date, but not your original one.

Pops

yep i get what your saying, sounds like its out of my hands. Ill see what admin can do.

Thank you Pops!

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Mike:

I think you could just add the date after 'the Daily Duff'

ex:
The Daily Duff - 3/1/15
The Daily Duff - 3/8/15
and on and on and on........

If would be NICE if everyone did this simple step (ME included).

MAYBE you could be a trend setter???

Pops

bax

Contributor
Old Member
screw that, I dont mind things out of date. Im kinda slow anyway.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Mike:

I think you could just add the date after 'the Daily Duff'

ex:
The Daily Duff - 3/1/15
The Daily Duff - 3/8/15
and on and on and on........
Yes, that would be the way to do it. Every time Duff updates this thread with new info they could edit the title to reflect the new date.

Really there isn't any other way to do it. The forum software wouldn't be able to tell the difference between updates made by the original thread starter and replies posted by others.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Thanks, Jon.

I don't mind reading old threads, just would like to know that before I start on something that I think is recent but really isn't.

Not trying to make any waves guys.

Pops

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Um daily? That's OK someone's gotta build stuff. this is a cool thread though. thanks!!

Yeah we're slacking! It's a mad house at the duffs. We hired a new sales/tech guy, suzy is juggling training him, adding new products to the website and creating new product sheets, manufacturing is slammed, I'm getting everything together to head to the northwest and setup a distributor for duff parts and run a booth at the 4x4 swap meet & I'm buttoning up 3 more new products....social media suffers when things are this nuts :eek:

OP
OP
jduffent

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Are you guys coming out to the Northwest Bronco Roundup this year? I saw your Bronco for a split second today on a new show the Velocity channel was previewing.

We will be making an appearance at the Moonshiners swap meet, look for our Banner in the early bronco section.

Klutch Kustoms has signed on to be a James Duff Distributor for the Pacific Northwest. They will be sharing a booth with us at the swap meet. This will be a great deal for the PNW because he can place bulk freight orders and get you Duff parts for a much more reasonable shipping charge

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Just got back from Washington State. I spent the weekend promoting Duff parts for sale through Klutch Kustoms. We were at the annual 4x4 swapmeet hosted by the Moonshiners jeep club. Klutch Kustoms is a classic restoration shop that specializes in custom Bronco Builds. As an exclusive dealer of james duff parts we will be shipping 500 & 1,000lb crates of Duff parts for his bronco builds and for local guys in need of parts at very reasonable shipping rates. If you'd like to get a deal on shipping give us a call and we'll get you the details.

I'll be updating this page very soon.