• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adjustable Radius Arm Drop Bracket 66-77

croft75

I need some more castor, has anyone used the WH or duffs Adjustable Radius Arm Drop Brackets . Theres a $50.00 difference in price is there a difference in quality.
Are there any drawbacks to them. Thanks for any info you might have.

lowpressure

Loc.
Shreveport, LA
you'll lose some ground clearance with the drop bracket obviously. i installed the ones from toms a couple weeks ago but havent driven the truck yet since im in the middle of a frame off rebuild. they were very heavy duty and fit nice enough that i didnt have to manipulate them prior to welding. i'll post a couple more pics tonight of the frame. im gonna fabricate a plate that runs from the bottom of the bracket up to the frame a foot or so behind it to act as a scid so it wont be as likely to hang up on rocks and what not.

SurfCityEB66

Contributor
I need some more castor, has anyone used the WH or duffs Adjustable Radius Arm Drop Brackets . Theres a $50.00 difference in price is there a difference in quality.
Are there any drawbacks to them. Thanks for any info you might have.

have you tried playing with the C-bushings first or maybe buying a different degree 4 or 7??? I would try that first... I have a 5.5 lift, fabbed my own extended radius arms but still had to fine tune with 7 degree C-bushings.

OP
OP
C

croft75

SurfCity my problem is I installed a Cage 3.5" lift with the 4* bushings thought everything was good until i drove it , I ended up replacing everything in the front end and realized my castor was still negative approx -1.7 and -1.2* so I replaced 4* with 7* it helped a lot but only gave me approx 2* positive and still a handful in the steering. I'm really not keen on grinding off the knuckles and spinning them so I saw this as an option. I did look at the TOMS ones but they are not adjustable.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
I bit the bullet and went with WH long arms and new radius arm brackets. cutting and welding is required. 4.5" lift kit 7 degree bushings. tracks great on the street, even better off road. will climb 74.5" on a ramp (backwards)
i do not worry about hanging up on rocks. i tried the dropped frame brackets. great for street, too low for 3 plus trails.

redrocks

Loc.
Riverton. UT
I am using the adjustable arms from BC Broncos and love the way they work. My only complaint is that I have to tighten them after running tough trails.

lowpressure

Loc.
Shreveport, LA
i call every so often but bc has been out of those arms for a while...........i would gladly grind off my brackets and install those if they would get some fabricated.....

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
May I ask why you're not interested in rotating the knuckles? That's the cheapest, cleanest solution to adding more caster since it's the only option that won't change your pinion angle at the same time and doesn't require any parts that you don't already have.