• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adventure Bronco getting ready for some new journeys!

PaveBronco

Thanks for posting, I love the pics, going to use your Aux tank plumbing Idea.
Cant wait to see how it all turns out.

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Today I finished the cooling system. Since I have the newer style combination tank mounted on the driver's side, I made can overflow tube from the radiator to the newer tank. Next up was an adapter to connect the different size hoses for the wiper washer nozzles on the hood. Before doing this I mounted the ooga horn to its new location on the core support so I could make sure everything cleared. A dying cow is more like the sound for this particular horn, which my kids loved when they were little and it has been the horn for this bronco long before I bought it.
IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5856.jpg

PaveBronco

Nice Bends, what kind of tubing bender do you have, cant make a nice almost 180 like that.

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
The tubing bender is a Blue Point, which I bought from the SnapOn guy. It has been a great tool, I have made all my fuel and vacuum lines with it.

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Today, more work on the wiring for the EFI, all that is left is to hook up the MAF sensor which will happen after I build my air intake system. Will take better pictures tomorrow.
IMG_5875.jpg

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Finished the air intake system. When I added the 1" spacer between the upper and lower intake I had plenty of clearance for the air intake. However, when I installed the WH Extreme motor mounts which raised the engine 7/8" (this was done for clearance for the serpentine lower idler pulley), this changed the game a bit. I made the intake from silicone hose and was able to angle things for clearance of the hood and the air cleaner, and did notch the hood by the throttle body a bit as things clear but are tight. I did not want to change or remove the manifold spacer as I had already made all the vacuum tubes, plus there would be a new set of clearance problems in other areas. I went with the AEM dry filter with its pre filter wrap which is supposed to be somewhat water repellant as my bronco's hood is louvered.
IMG_5880.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
I cut the bed to make an access panel for the rear tank. Glad I did, two of the three electrical connections were bad with the fuel pump power connecter loose (it fell to the bottom of the tank) and the fuel pump power wire inside the tank to the connector was not even hooked up. This may have happened when I had the tank "cleaned" by a local radiator shop to get the manufacturing residue taken out as this tank has never had fuel in it yet. All wiring is now connected. Thanks to this site for pictures that I downloaded awhile ago which gave me great measurements on where to cut the bed. Once the cover is made, it will look good with the added convenience of not having to drop the 23 gallon tank for any fuel pump maintenance or replacement.
IMG_5903.jpg

IMG_5904.jpg

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
It RUNS! After six years of collecting parts and very little time to work on my Bronco, I fired it up a little after 10:00 PDT. It started right up though not real smooth at first with a few backfires, but eventually the engine smoothed out quite a bit. I have one small water leak at a screw in plug in the lightening lower intake and a pulley realignment in the serpentine setup, but nothing major. The key on/engine off codes are all good. I will do the fixes and I will post some pictures when I get a chance. Thanks to everyone on this board, you have no idea how much I learned in this journey.
IMG_5892.jpg

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow! Congratulations Z! Great build, well planned and executed. Looks like you have some fun in your future. Mark

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Hey Z Bronco,

How has the Bronco been running, any adventures? I’m curious about your military trailer. Do you have a build thread for it?

Fred

Jakedog

What shade of white is that. I'm going with white but I dont want bright white. Is that Wimbledon?

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
The Bronco runs great, however it is consuming oil and I will be in the process of tracing down the exact cause after I get moved. Some big life stuff has kept me from adventures, but this too will pass and I hope to be out there sooner than later. My Bronco is kind of a bright white, can't remember what the color code is (not Wimbledon). The trailer is an old M416 military trailer that I have had for years. The only mods on it that I have done is a spring over so I could run the 35s on it, and a pair of early wrangler jeep flares that help keep the tires covered.

Jakedog

Thanks. It didn't look bright white in the pic I was looking at. It looks good. I'm going the same route with door inserts and half doors.
Are those doors from besttop?

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
The Bronco runs great, however it is consuming oil and I will be in the process of tracing down the exact cause after I get moved. Some big life stuff has kept me from adventures, but this too will pass and I hope to be out there sooner than later. My Bronco is kind of a bright white, can't remember what the color code is (not Wimbledon). The trailer is an old M416 military trailer that I have had for years. The only mods on it that I have done is a spring over so I could run the 35s on it, and a pair of early wrangler jeep flares that help keep the tires covered.

Glad to here the Broncos running well. Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked is, your build is the inspiration for my Bronco build. I had the opportunity to go on an overlanding trip, and now I’m hooked. So my plan is to build my Bronco for adventure as yours. So looking forward to seeing more of your Bronco and your adventures.

Fred

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Fred,
Wow, didn't know my Bronco is an inspiration....humbled as it has been a result of just trying to get out and explore, and continues to be a great experience. Broncos are great Overlanding vehicles, you will have a blast. The old K Bar S term of street and trail is a good description. You will enjoy your adventures both now and years after, one of the best things I ever did with my kids. Hope to see you on the trail.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Where there are many builders on this site that inspire me. What draws me to yours is the trailer and the fact that you use your Bronco for adventure. As a young man, I learned how to drive, driving my Grandpa's 47 Ford N tractor and towing an old M series trailer. We used that trailer for a lot of different chores around his farm. So I have an affection for these little trailers and they look great behind a Bronco. So after I get a few upgrades done to my Bronco. I'm going on the hunt for an M series trailer of my own.

Some day I plan to get out to Oregon to visit Tom's Bronco parts and attend the Northwest Bronco Roundup. So hopefully we will have the chance to meet up some day.

Happy adventures,

Fred