• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which soft top is the best?

viper982

Loc.
Beaverton
So I know their are tons of threads on this but they are all over the place. My questions is who sells the best soft top? I like the BCB soft top but lets face it, I am not willing to spend $1500 on a top, plus my wife will kill me!! So which is it? Best top? Rampage? Toms bronco's top? Others? Any input will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Can't go wrong with Bestop or Rampage. Bestop is a little taller if you have a small garage, due to the hoop. But that can be lowered.

If you go with the rampage, find the threads on the work around for attaching at the B pillar.

good luck

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Love my Rampage. From my research it appears to be easier to quickly take the top down than the BestTop and the height.

That being said, outside of the BCB top I think they're both good tops...

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
x2 on Don't drill the B Pillar with the Rampage (ask me how I know :-[)

Sporto

I have had both. They're all similar in fit and finish. They hold up well in a lot of weather. I had both on my Bronco through several PA winters and they did an awesome job.

That said, I am currently running a Bestop Supertop, and the reason is that I like to have the wiper motor in the stock location with the cover and visors. The Rampage/STC/Kayline design requires the motor to be lowered with a bracket, and the stock cover won't work with it. I think one of the vendors has a cover for the lowered motor, but from what I can tell it looks like it does not work with the visors.

The Rampage design does allow the top to be removed more quickly too, so if you're all about taking the top down and up then the Rampage top is the way to go.

The Rampage top also has a wider array of materials and colors. The Bestop is only offered in Black anymore.

Good luck

Rich

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
They are all "best" at something!

The BC Broncos top is the best at being sturdy with a strong frame.

The Bestop is best quality for the "convertible" tops and best headroom.

The Rampage is the best looking and easiest to drop the top.

;D

dao1980

Loc.
Chattanooga

;D

I agree 100% on the Bestop being the highest quality and the Rampage being the best looking.

HB73

I had the Bestop Supertop and hated it during rainy season. The water would collect over the driver and passenger seat and spill.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

;D

Well I never thought of it that way, Well said :)

Deano

Bronco Guru
I have a best top and put a kayline front Rizer in front of the Bestop rizer and it is easy to U clip and retract now

asappin

I'm also trying to decide between the BC Broncos top and the Bestop. BC Broncos needs to make a breezer top for their soft top that can be interchanged.

bchesley

If you want a true convertible do not pic the BC. There is way too much stuff to take off for that. Its great to take the sides off and cruise, but that is it. There is too much heat in Texas to not have the shade. I would rarely run one fully collapsed. The BC made since for me, and I also have the ability to add a roof rack for gear.

idus25

Loc.
St. Louis
I have the Rampage, no problems and looks great. Easy up and down. Slap the two supports in the back through the rear window and your loose. Unzip windows, undo velcro door surround supports, remove top from front channel and your down. Only down side is the door surrounds being a separate part. Still very happy with her. Price worked for me as well.

20141102_105149_resized_zps61449931.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'm also trying to decide between the BC Broncos top and the Bestop. BC Broncos needs to make a breezer top for their soft top that can be interchanged.

I wouldn't mind having the BC top someday myself, but out of my price range these days.

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
If you want a true convertible do not pic the BC. There is way too much stuff to take off for that. Its great to take the sides off and cruise, but that is it. There is too much heat in Texas to not have the shade. I would rarely run one fully collapsed. The BC made since for me, and I also have the ability to add a roof rack for gear.

Mine does the same thing. My issue is not the top but rather their two piece doors. The upper doors want to bow out at the top as I increase speed in turn allowing water into the cab.

rockerZ71

Loc.
Lawrenceville GA

I dont know what a breezer top is, but my bikini top i got from either WH or toms fits in my BC header. During the warmer months I usually leave the fabric completely off and just have the bikini top with me in case I get surprised by rain

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I had the Bestop Supertop and hated it during rainy season. The water would collect over the driver and passenger seat and spill.

My rampage does this too, I just push up on the top to drain it before getting a nice little surprise when I open the door and get out. No complaints here on the rampage, great fit, water tight, and I prefer the lower profile over the bestop. My WH bikini also fits the windshield header.

Greg H

Loc.
Cedar Rapids IA
I have the BC Bronco top as you can see in the picture. In the summertime, I need the shade. BUT, the hardware is simple to remove, makes it easy for the mascot to wave the flag at the Homecoming Parade

Attachments

• PHS Homecoming 2013_2 (2).jpg
    PHS Homecoming 2013_2 (2).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 311

Mmflpa

Loc.
Philadelphia, PA
I have the Rampage, no problems and looks great. Easy up and down. Slap the two supports in the back through the rear window and your loose. Unzip windows, undo velcro door surround supports, remove top from front channel and your down. Only down side is the door surrounds being a separate part. Still very happy with her. Price worked for me as well.

20141102_105149_resized_zps61449931.jpg

How long total does this take, and how easy is it to get back up in the event of sudden rain?