• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

PickleJar

I didn't notice the shadow, good observation.....

I have new hope now I guess that it wont be a complete disaster....

Eastwood

That's what I heard too, but in the video above that 1strodeo posted, at 1.22 they show the bronco under the tarp and it say's on the screen two and four door versions. Unless I'm mistaken.

Bronco2EB

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
Apparently its a smaller version/concept of the new Bronco and the silhouette behind it is the actual 2020 Bronco....But who really knows...

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
That's what I heard too, but in the video above that 1strodeo posted, at 1.22 they show the bronco under the tarp and it say's on the screen two and four door versions. Unless I'm mistaken.

Are they talking about the Baby Bronco or the "real" Bronco? Previous news on the "real" Bronco stated 4-door only. This was before any talk of a Baby Bronco.

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
I can't wait.

latest

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Interesting how the shadow behind the center picture seems to be a silhouette of something else? If this is the baby Bronco then perhaps the shadow is of the full size one?

That was my first thought...

Eastwood

Are they talking about the Baby Bronco or the "real" Bronco? Previous news on the "real" Bronco stated 4-door only. This was before any talk of a Baby Bronco.

The video shows the real bronco under a tarp and two and four door versions is displayed on the screen. Then the global marketing director for Ford mentions it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elan

Loc.
s
As with most, I am hoping....or hoped for the design from 12 years ago.
if the new Bronco looks like the pix you guys are posting..........it's over.

Ford by the way has lost their minds. Electric scooters, six cylinder Raptors, Fords made in China...what's next? Wind powered flying carpets?
I have owned Ford trucks,'70 Boss 302's, '69/'70 Mach1's for over 35 years........but I am done if the Bronco doesn't come out right. I got tired of waiting, so I bought a new Tundra 4x4 and they are top notch.
Non car people seem to be running Ford.......into the ground

mustanggarage

Contributor
I hope Ford does the Bronco right also, but I have to say I bought a new f150 this year, a 2018 lariat with the max tow package which includes the 3.5 eco boost, and I absolutely love this truck. that ecoboost engine with the 10 speed auto in sport mode is a blast to drive. and I pulled my 22 foot haulmark trailer all the way to delaware last month to pick up a reproduction body and it pulls awesome. with all the bells and whistles this truck has, I am optimistic about the new bronco. I remember when Ford re did the mustang in 94 and people had a fit, then they put the modular motor in in 96 and the world was ending. but each new edition has improved on a good thing. its going to be alright folks hang in there and judge the vehicle on what it is. and give it time. there will be changes to meet demand.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I hope Ford does the Bronco right also, I am optimistic about the new bronco. I remember when Ford re did the mustang in 94 and people had a fit, then they put the modular motor in in 96 and the world was ending. but each new edition has improved on a good thing. its going to be alright folks hang in there and judge the vehicle on what it is. and give it time. there will be changes to meet demand.

If Mustang fans had kept quiet the Mazda built front wheel drive Ford Probe would have had the Mustang name badge attached to it.

mustanggarage

Contributor
If Mustang fans had kept quiet the Mazda built front wheel drive Ford Probe would have had the Mustang name badge attached to it.

oh, i'm not suggesting we should not let Ford know our opinions, or what we want to see in the new bronco. I'm just optimistic that if we do, they will get it right.

pipeline010

I saw that image posted on instagram a couple days ago.

I don't HATE it, it's a bit like the FJ which grew on me. I may even consider getting one (for the wife) but it's not an accurate reproduction of the old Broncos, and will also serve to boost the values of our trucks even higher.

imo.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
EB owners will never be happy with the new Bronco because it will never look like the original.

And, it can never be like the original. The 2020 Bronco has to meet all the safety standards and comfort level that society of today asks for.

All we know is that it will share the same platform as the new Ranger. We have a a couple of teaser pictures (covered bronco and the shadow behind the "baby bronco/crossover), but that's it. We know nothing and won't know anything until FORD officially releases a rendering or someone catches a possible "spy" shot of it driving around, under heavy camouflage.

But, we like to let our imaginations fly and wander. So, just ignore what I stated above.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
As a mid year Corvette fan and owner, I've seen the same thoughts expressed as new Vette generations get introduced over the years. LOTS of grumbling and many vowing to not purchase the next model. But at least the next model in general, gets improved. The last three gens, can't be beat for the money, beating many exotics three times the price. The next gen gets a mid engine, which will alienate some true fans, but it should widen the gap further in track times vs cost between it and the exotics. Hopefully Ford will move forward like that with the Bronco, but I doubt it.