• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I hate meeces to pieces

bdavis70

Loc.
Coos Bay
Damn pack rack, I just put those new plug wires on. I need to spend more time in the shop instead of working on my house remodel.

Attachments

• KIMG1177.jpg
    KIMG1177.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 413

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hate them too - dang near did in my DD last year. And to add insult to injury bdavis, they could have at least chewed the old wires you were planning to replace anyway. But on a positive note, they didnt go after your main wiring harness. Hope you find some karma in the shape of a big hungry cat to turn the tables....

Attachments

• 3C750D4A-5F05-4158-A63D-EFCB5629D900.jpg
    3C750D4A-5F05-4158-A63D-EFCB5629D900.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 898C4657-6DCA-4B24-B19D-45B081B8250F.jpg
    898C4657-6DCA-4B24-B19D-45B081B8250F.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 160

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. I heard while I worked at Chrysler .. That one of the Chrysler WIRING HARNESS . That the mice love to eat. It was lubed with an Animal fat to help the wire slide through the forms.
So They said that you could mop them with .. Cayenne pepper juice ..

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Honda sells a hot pepper tape to wrap the wires with, there's nothing as profitable as selling the solution to a problem that you created. %)

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
My grandfather would keep plastic Owls and rubber snakes around his tractors to keep mice away from them.
I guess it worked....always made my Mom laugh...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Damn pack rack, I just put those new plug wires on. I need to spend more time in the shop instead of working on my house remodel.

Damn the luck.. I bet wife wants house done first though :)

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
3rd Generation Tacoma's (2016 ->) are notorious for this issue due to soy based wire coverings. Not sure if other Toyota's have the same issue or not, but I would assume so.

I have been lucky so far with my Tacoma, I guess my local mice prefer to come inside my house and go for the peanut butter in the traps, then BANGO!

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Constant problem here on farm. Keep out different poisons but gotta watch location re dogs. Cats work but kill everything else too, songbirds, baby turkeys, etc. Had JD tractor burn due to rat caused wiring short. We put dryer sheets in engine compartment and under dash. Seems to help, but field mice always looking for warm place and something to chew on to wear teeth. Good luck.

flexmerc

Contributor

That’s a clean look mate, must be wireless...it was all the rage at SEMA!

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Cats and Snakes solve the problems. Poisons kill the mice and rats but if an owl, hawk or even a dog get to them then that animal gets sick as well and in a lot of cases dies. If you kill the hawks and owls around then the mice, mole and other rodent problems only get worse. If you kill the dog than that's just sad. If you insist on killing the mice it is best to use a good old fashion trap...

OP
OP
B

bdavis70

Loc.
Coos Bay
I trapped the "rat" last night. You know the saying, for every one you see 10 more exist. I better get busy trying to solve the problem of the rodents. And now also fix my rig again. Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• KIMG1179.jpg
    KIMG1179.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 93

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good riddance! He looks well fed. Hopefully his friends soon meet a similar demise. Nice solid looking Bronco by the way.