• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Classic Bronco Tube Doors

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
Rob,

Tube doors arrived today, they look great!! Nice bends and notches, top quality throughout. What are you using to bend them? Have been considering buying a bender to play around with for bumpers, etc. My wife and I are already trying to figure out a good way to make 'skins' for the doors, we'll get some boat cover material and sew it up.

Thanks, Walt

rmfreeze

Loc.
Benton, Arkansas
Tube doors arrived today, they look great!! Nice bends and notches, top quality throughout.

I guess I missed this thread. I got a pair of doors from Rob about 2 months or so ago and I agree the quality is top notch. Now I just got to get around to fitting them before spring! ;D

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I got my doors about a month ago and I must say they are nice.. Great Quality. Now I need to install them..

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
Rob, thanks for the fast service. The doors are just what I wanted. I appreciate your quick response and all of the pictures you sent.

I took them out to the shop to unpack them out of the box, and my wife walks in. She wants to know whats up. She looks them over and ask what they are for. Once she heard what my plans were for the doors she says "Hey cool".

Thanks again. Dave

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Glad you like them.

Right now I have one more set left and I am getting more tubing Monday and will start building more sets.

Thanks.

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
still available? lift off hinges.

They are still available. I do not have any in stock right now, but I am going to start building more this weekend. I can still make them with lift off hinges if you want.

Thanks.

Bronkster

I will be ready for a set soon. I want to run them with lift off hinges. Are you still suggesting Wild Child for the hinges? Thanks

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I will be ready for a set soon. I want to run them with lift off hinges. Are you still suggesting Wild Child for the hinges? Thanks

I am not sure if they are the best lift off hinges, they are just the ones that I have a set of to set them up with.

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I already have a bracket designed to support doors from when I made my soft doors. Pretty easy to accomplish.

I could take some measurement and pictures of the ones I did if needed.

Covering tube doors with fabric is going to be touch since the tube is so big.

Galen

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I already have a bracket designed to support doors from when I made my soft doors. Pretty easy to accomplish.

I could take some measurement and pictures of the ones I did if needed.

Covering tube doors with fabric is going to be touch since the tube is so big.

Galen

Feel free to show me what you have used. This should be my next project.

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Yes I am talking about the tube doors with inserts.

For my doors I designed a support bracket for the doors because if you were to secure the door only to the insert it would rip off in a second.

The brackets I made are simple and will accomdate the variences in our broncos.

I currently have them off omy bronco so I can measure and photograph but I may need a set of tube doors to test fit.
:0