• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Thoughts on this '68 going up for auction

techfab

Loc.
Austin
I have been lurking on this site for a long time and have learned a lot from all of you. I am finally ready to buy my first EB after years of pining.

I am looking for an occasional driver 3rd vehicle to cruise around our beach town and to occasionally do some light off-roading. I want solid and reliable with modern braking, ride, power.

This '68 is going to be auctioned near me this weekend and would like to hear any thoughts. They do not provide much info. The estimated sale price seems a bit high to me:

http://www.rmsothebys.com/ca17/santa-monica/lots/1968-ford-bronco-custom/1703680

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

OP
OP
techfab

techfab

Loc.
Austin
Headed to auction shortly to take a look at this one. Anything jump out at anyone?

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
The Dana 60 swap is weird in a driver type rig, don't like the color, and why did they spray over the entire glove box door? I wouldn't even pay $20k for that truck. Hold out for something better.

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Pretty Bronco .... nice mechanicals .... hack paint work . Paint over all the latches , rubber bumpers etc . Black hosed over the entire undercarriage .... bet the muffler is going to smell great when all that paint starts burning off . %)

OP
OP
techfab

techfab

Loc.
Austin
Thanks guys! I knew the paint was jankie. I convinced myself the Dana was not a problem as I googled it and found several articles on front Dana 60 swaps (probably more for hardcore dirt).

Still going to check it out for giggles. My son and I have the fever. We seem to pay a premium here in Cali for everything and EB's are no exception.

House

Minutia Militia
Although there are Dana 60 5 lug conversions, I believe that is most likely a Dana 44. As far as streetability you cannot tell the difference.
The paint looks nice, just overzealous. Needs a latch for the spare so you can swing around
the ranch hand to the rear. Oh and throw the Chinese light are in the trash. Haha
The price is just their estimate, right?
Go see if you can get it for a good deal!