• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Straightening body...

ledslinger29

I got rearended in the right rear a few years ago, and my tub seems to be pushed forward a bit at the rear door post. Any suggestions on a way to pull it out? I was thinking of disconnecting the body mount right there and trying to jack it up, I only need an eighth. Or so. The front of the door seems lined up, and the height seems about right, looks wrong in the first pic because the door isn't closed all the way, but you can see where it's hitting the post at the top...
9abb596be6cdc9add56cec03079c3abe.jpg

fa14c457abae1b6c18909e2ff9c659a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
take it to a body shop so you can get the fame checked out. if the rear clip is bent you need to get it pulled back down into place.

OP
OP
ledslinger29

ledslinger29

I may do that, it would probably be easier than what I was going to artempt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
You have a bigger problem than you think you do. The top of the rear fender is not only pushed into the door its raised 1/2". The door is latched on to the rear post but it didn't move up as the rear fender moved up and into the door. The door stayed down and is probably still straight with the door sill. look carefully for separation with the body tub and the rear jamb and the rocker panel.