• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anti-Gravity Batteries

Bronco Maniac

I bought two of these a couple of years ago. The smaller one bit the dust and I never used it. The larger one says it is charged but will not boost a half dead battery.

Do you have any favorable experience and recommendations?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
If you have anti-gravity batteries you should be marketing them! I moved my heavy AGM battery out of the engine compartment to lighten the front end weight..."Anti-Gravity"...can I buy an AntiGravity Bronco? I'd be happy with a 1/2 gravity Bronco weighing in at 2500#'s...

Seriously, what the heck is an "anti-gravity" battery...? never heard of one... or are you talking about a battery that you can mount in any position like an AGM?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe you're talking about those super lightweight lithium-ion booster batteries for emergency starting?
I tried one I got from Costco just a few days after buying it and even brand new it would not boost a half-dead starting battery. Took it back the next day.

I know they must work at some level, but my first experience was not promising.

Are those what you meant? I've never heard the term anti-gravity either. Specific gravity, yes. But that's a condition/test rating, not a style.

Paul

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Those super lightweight lithium-ion booster batteries for emergency starting and "jump boxes" have different ratings/cranking amps just as batteries do.

The Noco Genius Boost has 4 different models and each has a different amp rating. The smallest is only 400 amps ( engines up to 4L) but the big boy is 4000 (engines up to 10L) which is needed to start a 2500HD

I ask Santa for one this year.

Tim

nvrstuk

Contributor
I have some generic hundred dollar one that just blows me away with the power it has! I mean I was really impressed making a totally dead battery that would not even light up an LED light

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I killed the battery (or should I say batteries as it has 2) on my 25HD 3 weeks ago (long story) and my SNL's Optima yellow top wouldn't turn the big 6.6L over.

That's when I has a sit down with Santa.

Tim

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Antigravity makes a couple different products. The common ones are motorcycle batteries and jump start booster packs. I'm guessing this is in reference to the booster pack.

So you have one that was covered in dust and didn't work. How was this stored? They don't have an indifinate shelf life. We have a couple of these antigravity boosters here at work. They are a couple years old and do get used quite a bit. They work great. Often starting engine bigger then they are rated for. They get charged from time to time as well. Work better then the old lead acid battery boosters we once had.

Now the big issue with this type of lithium battery. Little reserve capacity. They are a sprinter, not a marathon runner. The engine better start quick because you are not getting a lot of cranking out of them. But what cranking you do get is generally very strong. Right up until they run out of wind.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ahh, so. A brand name is it? Now it actually sounds familiar! But I could not pull that out of the memory banks at all when I first read this.?:?

Paul

OP
OP
Bronco Maniac

Bronco Maniac

I had one stored in my truck and one in my motorcycle. They were put on charge occasionally. I really would like to get another but that is a LT of money to put out if they are all useless.

crankman

Those super lightweight lithium-ion booster batteries for emergency starting and "jump boxes" have different ratings/cranking amps just as batteries do.

The Noco Genius Boost has 4 different models and each has a different amp rating. The smallest is only 400 amps ( engines up to 4L) but the big boy is 4000 (engines up to 10L) which is needed to start a 2500HD

I ask Santa for one this year.

Tim
Tim I got a couple of the NOCO jump packs, there sweet. Ive jumped trucks and my atv they work. I see your in Conway im in LR work in Maumelle.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I have a Anti-Gravity XP-10 that has never failed to work. I use it pretty regularly in winter to start a Ford 3000 diesel tractor and a Yukon Denali. It spins them right over and holds a charge very well.

The one thing I have noticed is that I sometimes have to fiddle with it a bit to get it to supply juice to the dead battery. I should probably read the manual again. I don’t always press the boost button...

nvrstuk

Contributor
Like Paul said...brand name...never heard of a "battery" group that was "Anti-gravity"... lol

OP
OP
Bronco Maniac

Bronco Maniac

I have a Anti-Gravity XP-10 that has never failed to work. I use it pretty regularly in winter to start a Ford 3000 diesel tractor and a Yukon Denali. It spins them right over and holds a charge very well.

The one thing I have noticed is that I sometimes have to fiddle with it a bit to get it to supply juice to the dead battery. I should probably read the manual again. I don’t always press the boost button...

I saw those today on Amazon I will have to give it some thought. Thanks for the reply.

ransil

Bronco Guru
wasn't there a bunch of boot leg ones sold a few years ago on Amazon and elsewhere?
maybe you got one of china finest.

flexmerc

Contributor
I have used these products for myself with excellent results, charged it and left it undermy Grand Cherokee seat, with a 5.7 V8; I needed it one day and worked like a charm. I got my unit (I’m in the Army) to buy them for our non-tacticle vehicles and I have used them right out of the box, jumped a work (GOV) Ford F-250 w/ a V8, no problem. Honestly I have stories for days of how I’ve jumped multiple times without having to recharge it.
I have bought them for friends and my girlfriend. They work, hands down, periodically I will take it out and charge with the provided 12V charger, just for piece of mind.

There is one in my Bronco too, lord knows I’ve used that about 20 times, utill I finally got the electrical under control.

OP
OP
Bronco Maniac

Bronco Maniac

I have used these products for myself with excellent results, charged it and left it undermy Grand Cherokee seat, with a 5.7 V8; I needed it one day and worked like a charm. I got my unit (I’m in the Army) to buy them for our non-tacticle vehicles and I have used them right out of the box, jumped a work (GOV) Ford F-250 w/ a V8, no problem. Honestly I have stories for days of how I’ve jumped multiple times without having to recharge it.
I have bought them for friends and my girlfriend. They work, hands down, periodically I will take it out and charge with the provided 12V charger, just for piece of mind.

There is one in my Bronco too, lord knows I’ve used that about 20 times, utill I finally got the electrical under control.

Any particular brand?

flexmerc

Contributor
AntiGravity’s XP-10 and XP-3, they both will jump a V8engine multiple times and both come with a flash light and USB charging port, the XP-10 can charge your laptop and comes with a handful of adapters for common laptop connections.
If your gonna buy online, try AntiGravitys website or Newegg.com

XP-10 is huge and good for staging in your car
XP-3 is small enough to carry in your pocket, Ive carried in my backpack and used it as a emergency charger for my phone and stuff.

I need to buy stock from this company!
Good luck

OP
OP
Bronco Maniac

Bronco Maniac

AntiGravity’s XP-10 and XP-3, they both will jump a V8engine multiple times and both come with a flash light and USB charging port, the XP-10 can charge your laptop and comes with a handful of adapters for common laptop connections.
If your gonna buy online, try AntiGravitys website or Newegg.com

XP-10 is huge and good for staging in your car
XP-3 is small enough to carry in your pocket, Ive carried in my backpack and used it as a emergency charger for my phone and stuff.

I need to buy stock from this company!
Good luck

They seem to last a number of years?