• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash Pad

DU 001

Loc.
Houston, Texas
Out of ideas...

I replaced my dash with JBG's steel dash cover. I've got everything done (autometer gauges, knobs, Nix's billet steering hole cover, etc...) and it looks good - pixs to follow.

I'm trying to get the #$#&%#ng Dash Pad back on and it ain't happenin'. I got the top screws along windshield edge all in place but the bottom won't come down anywhere close to flush to the dash so I can screw the bottom in.

I've tried everything and there's nothing "in the way". Bottom edge of dash pad is on a straight line so I don't think anything happened to it while it's been off for the past year.

If I order a new dash pad, will it fit better? Is there something I need to know about the steel dash overlay? It fits like a glove and is only 1/8" thick so it can't be the issue?

Any help, suggestions, experiences, etc... would be grately appreciated.

I bought the dash pad cover to cover the old pad but can send it back and just get a brand new pad if you guys think it will work??????

I'm almost there and then this....

Regards,

DU 001

OP
OP
DU 001

DU 001

Loc.
Houston, Texas
Nobody has bought a new dash pad? Surely, someone out there has an opinion on this ?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

DU 001