• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wiper motor ideas?

cmd70

so just took the top off my recently purchased 69 for the first time...not sure Ill ever put it back on!

was curious as to what folks do to clean up the wiper motor area?

ive read theres a lowering bracket to I guess bring it down a bit ... also looks like there are some aftermarket covers... some pics ive seen it also looks like some kind of trim piece may be added along the top of the windshield like an air dam?

any suggestions or tips?

thanks

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
The drop down bracket is for the soft top to clear the wiper motor,the air dam,riser ,is to raise the soft top to hard top height.
I don't have any history on cover ups.

Mike D

Contributor
wiper cover

BC broncos sells a nice cover that covers up wiper arms and motor.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
For years I would remove the wiper motor and zip tie the linkage tight in place. A pretty clean look, and wasn't in rain long enough to worry about no wipers.

The "air dam" you reference is probably what comes with the bikini tops like mine. Sort of goofy looking, but it gets the vinyl top over the motor so you don't have to remove the motor or lower it. It's hard to see in the second pic, but I put the wiper motor cover back on when the top is off. Not too funky looking, and not in the pic, but the sun visors can be used too.

Attachments

• t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 66
  • c9.jpg
    c9.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 87