• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

insane bronco prices

Big Slim

So i sold my bronco about 4-5 years ago. it was up for sale for 12k for almost a year. i did a decent job restoring it. removed all the rust and did the body work, paint, lift kit, bedliner, etc. no frame off or anything but looked great. i saw it pop up on cl this weekend for 30k. the guy didnt do much to it. some suspension seats, full cage replacing the roll bar, new carb, some ugly new style wheels. so maybe a couple thousand into it. WTF happend in the last few years to get that kind of price?

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
yes they have gone crazy, tv shows have some to do with it

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
During the first quarter of 2015 Broncos became the 'It' car for the celebrities in LA, and the media that follows them made that known to everyone else.
The worst rust buckets hit $10,000 shortly after that.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Remember in every sector of the collector car market, buyers set the prices, not sellers!!

Hotrodjohn

check out the auction prices, 60, 70 80k for restored ones. Lady Gaga even has one

SteveC

Loc.
Tuscaloosa AL
Really scary for me. I just finished replacing all the sheet metal and returning to uncut. At the body shop now in paint. I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a 40 acre tract for a retreat and the money from my '75 would almost cover the entire down payment. I don't wan to sell but damn.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
During the first quarter of 2015 Broncos became the 'It' car for the celebrities in LA, and the media that follows them made that known to everyone else.
The worst rust buckets hit $10,000 shortly after that.

I would even dare to say that it hit sooner than 2015. They slowly started to climb in popularity, maybe, a decade before or further. In the later 90s and into the early 2000s, I was still able to find rolling projects for under $4000. Now, those projects are in the $10,000s.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
It's not just Broncos it's everything. Four door pickup 65G. Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 80G give me a break.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
gas monkey, tv, new broncos, everything else just keeps driving them up.

Would sell mine to pay off some debt, IF it wasn't so high dollar to be able to pick up another one later

What can you do

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
To that link that gavindg posted:

"Lady Gaga was tooling around Malibu in the SUV OJ SImpson made famous ... and there's a hand-rolled cig at 10 o'clock"

Wow!!! OJ Simpson did not make these Broncos famous ;D

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
To that link that gavindg posted:

"Lady Gaga was tooling around Malibu in the SUV OJ SImpson made famous ... and there's a hand-rolled cig at 10 o'clock"

Wow!!! OJ Simpson did not make these Broncos famous ;D

HA! Leave it to the media to mess that up..
EB's are the true favorites!

Speaking of OJ, was watching the Series and i was not aware that OJ had one and so did AC, the guy that drove the chase car, so the both had the exact same white Bronco. Just in case you did not know...

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
HA! Leave it to the media to mess that up..
EB's are the true favorites!

Speaking of OJ, was watching the Series and i was not aware that OJ had one and so did AC, the guy that drove the chase car, so the both had the exact same white Bronco. Just in case you did not know...

If you're saying that OJ had an early bronco that was white i didn't know about that, but I do know that he did have the Big Bronco.

Jc.av8r

I think we're seeing a bit of a "spike" in values that should normalize eventually, but the longer we hang on to them, the better. I'm really glad I bought mine and got into my restoration when I did. If nothing else, it helps me feel better about all the money I'm spending!