• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2 Colt vista wagon rear seats

Rudertk

Loc.
Chicago
Hi to all, I have been on this site for a couple years now and have been wanting to get on to post some pics and news about my bronco for quite some time but haven't had the chance to. It's a 74 and getting ready for paint. Bought it for $4500 and needed a lot of work 5 years ago. Hopefully by late spring it will be drivable and ready to post lots of pics. Anyways, I've been looking for rear seats for quite some time now and haven't been to pleased with what I saw until I came across someone on here with rear seats from a dodge colt vista wagon. I loved that it looks like the original low back seats and it fold and tumbles. I live in Chicago and have had no luck on junkyards. I've hit up searchtempest for Craigslist listings for awhile and finally got a hit. It's in Pennsylvania and the guy will not ship. I might try and make a road trip next week or so. It's 39 1/2 wide. I'm just going off this others guys thread so I'm not 100% sure it will fit but willing to make the journey. I figured its hard to get so I offered $250 for the seat and brackets. He just emailed me saying if anyone else needs seats, the other 2 are for sale. Let me know if I can give any information or maybe even bring the other 2 back with me to chicago. I can fit the one in my car but can see if I can get a trailer. I'll try and post pics.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Shoot me a PM. I'm in Chicago and have a Colt Vista seat that I'd be willing to sell.

chuckyb

Contributor
Sounds like you might have a good local lead. However, I will also mention uship as a great option to get parts delivered from someone that is not willing to ship. I have used this several times in the past including for a piano and a camper top for my truck.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I have not used them, but several people on various forums have said that one of the cheapest ways to ship seats is Greyhound Package Express.

OP
OP
R

Rudertk

Loc.
Chicago
I have a local Chicagoan that messaged me with available seats. Thanks for the info. If anyone is interested in the seats, I'd be glad to pass on the info.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I'm using the colt vista third row seat. I had a frame custom built to mount them with a speaker box built in underneath. Got the idea from an archived thread on here. I'll see if I can dig it up. It's a perfect fit btw.

The one I have is beige/brown but I'd really like ti find a silver/grey one.