• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Classic Bronco Tube Doors

Phil Munsterman

I'm trying to get my 76 back on the road. If I bought the ones you have that are blemished what other hardware would I need to mount them ? I just have stock doors and hinges. Thanks Phil

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
The doors use the door post side of the stock hinges. You would use all the hardware you have just need to remove the pin from the stock hinges.

Repin5

My new doors from rcmbronc are in the oven being powder coated as we speak. Cant wait to see how they look installed.

97XEB

Quote shipped to 07849 please. Currently on stock hinges, but lift offs may come at some point.

jsnouffer

Contributor
Picked mine up from the powder coater today. They'll look much better on the Bronco than on my basement floor. I just need to get the stainless hinges put on, maybe this weekend if I am lucky.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 195

ponyboy156

Loc.
Issaquah, Washington
I have a set of doors that have a slight blem on one of them. The door had a small dent near the hinges. I welded the dent up and sanded. I can still just slightly feel that it is not perfect. Looking to get rid of this set for $175 plus shipping.
You still got the blem set? Im interested if you do to 98027.
Thanks

Repin5

door_skin_small.jpg

I am in the process of designing door skins to match rcmbronc's tube doors. I am working on design and material selection. Any input is appreciated. I have the prototype done and need to make a few modifications. I am looking at pop riveting or machine screw attachment. I am looking at both aluminum and carbon fiber for the material and the finishing options will be unlimited as far as coatings go. Pricing has not even been thought about yet. Carbon Fiber is expensive as we have seen in other treads. Let me know your thoughts and keep an eye open for my first posting with my own tread.

Repin5

By the way, here is a picture of my door installed. Tube door skin comming soon.

doorpicsmall.jpg

BigPrince

Loc.
Atlanta
I am in the process of designing door skins to match rcmbronc's tube doors. I am working on design and material selection. Any input is appreciated. I have the prototype done and need to make a few modifications. I am looking at pop riveting or machine screw attachment. I am looking at both aluminum and carbon fiber for the material and the finishing options will be unlimited as far as coatings go. Pricing has not even been thought about yet. Carbon Fiber is expensive as we have seen in other treads. Let me know your thoughts and keep an eye open for my first posting with my own tread.

That's awesome! I'd recommend some sort of hanger/hook/hoop attachment so you don't have to drill or modify the tube doors. I also think aluminum would be fine to keep costs down. Keep us posted as I'm definitely interested in them!

BigPrince

Loc.
Atlanta
Hangar, hoop/hoop attachment? Explain your thoughts.

Well I can't find very good pics of what I'm thinking but maybe something similar to: http://www.tooldistrict.com/product-p/1683796.htm on the inside with small bolt/nuts holding it in? Just thinking of a way to mount the skin so you could run it with and without it and not have holes in the door when removed.

I was also thinking the top lip could have a 'hook' to it, either bent or some sort of other fastener, so that you can hang it on the door tube while screwing in the other retaining straps... The duffs 'hang' like that but I can't find an interior view picture. just a thought.

Hopefully I'm being helpful, if not, feel free to ignore me :)

jsnouffer

Contributor
Finally got a chance to put the tube doors on...

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 193

jtw69

Rob Carlson need some help with parts identification

Rob...
my name is James Warner, I live in Grover Beach, CA.
I bought your royal blue 72, well CA Highway patrol says 69... whatever.
I had some questions for you regarding OUR BRONCO
can you give me an e-mail address, so I can contact you privately?
thanks, James.
torreyisjames@gmail.com

novaguy

Loc.
NW Mississippi
Could you send me a quote for shipping to 38632. I will be using stock hinges. Also, I cant tell how the doors latch.. Will they fit a 66? Since the striker is in a different location from 68 and up..? Thanks, Tom

matt w

Bronco Guru
door_skin_small.jpg

I have had the same thought for about 2 years. I am not sure what you are thinking of using to attach but I wanted to use Spring clips so I could take them off and on quickly! Seastrom's makes a huge assortment(I used to be the quality assurance mgr there...ut that was over 20 years ago!) http://www.seastrom-mfg.com/seastrom_manufacturing_catalog/SpringClips.htm

matt w

Bronco Guru
door_skin_small.jpg

ALSO I want to make fabric covers so that they can be rolled up and put away. I was thinking the perfect material would be the vinyl that is used for spare tire covers. It resists mud & is heavy duty! I'm thinking velcro would work to attach it...just my thoughts!