• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heavy Duty Boomerang styled rear spring shackles.

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
New boomerang styled rear spring shackles for early Bronco with 2-1/4" wide leaf springs.

They are designed to allow full travel such as the factory style shackle but with the benefit of additional strength.
The sides and cross brace are made from 1/4" thick hot rolled P&O steel and the bushing tube is made from 1-1/2" DOM tubing which has been machined for a good fit.
They are fully tig welded and are available only in bare steel, You will need to coat or paint them as you see fit. They are designed to work with the aftermarket poly bushing offerings (bushings not included).

Sold in pairs as a set. A set consists of a left and a right shackle.
There is a notch on one side of each shackle that faces the inside of the frame hanger bracket allowing clearance for full droop.

The current price per set is $149.00 plus shipping

Please send me a private message if interested or with any questions. Thank You.

I usually have a set or two on hand ready to go. otherwise, I do typically try to have the components ready to go together so I can get them out quickly as needed.

To read up on the making of these CLICK HERE.

Attachments

• IMG_7196.jpg
    IMG_7196.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_7189.jpg
    IMG_7189.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_7190.jpg
    IMG_7190.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_7191.jpg
    IMG_7191.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_7192.jpg
    IMG_7192.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_7193.jpg
    IMG_7193.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_7194.jpg
    IMG_7194.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_7195.jpg
    IMG_7195.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 239
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 239
  • droop new.jpg
    droop new.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 467
  • compression new.jpg
    compression new.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Dadgummit Brian! I haven't even installed your first edition SE #001 yet and you got me wanting some of these puppies! I guess your old ones will stay in a box for forty years and become NOS one day! Your new ones look great, good luck!
Matt
Osan AB

malonejy

Bronco Guru
PM sent. I've been waiting for this thread to pop up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
looks awesome Migs!! another creation from the lab coming to life!

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
What benefits do these have over the Extreme shackles sold elsewhere?

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
What benefits do these have over the Extreme shackles sold elsewhere?

My primary concern was achieving full suspension droop such as the factory shackle allows. Prior to these I was making a similar straight shackle, what I discovered is that type of shackle would hit the inside of the spring hanger limiting it's forward movement as the axle/spring would cycle downward.

Here is my thread from when I first started making these showing a comparison to my old style and a factory shackle.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I'll take a look at it - the shackles I'm running run into the hanger and are starting to dent it from repeated abuse.

Add it to the list of stuff I need to buy-

malonejy

Bronco Guru
I'll take a look at it - the shackles I'm running run into the hanger and are starting to dent it from repeated abuse.

Add it to the list of stuff I need to buy-
That's the same problem I had but luckily I noticed soon enough that I was able to return them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Miker

Bronco Guru
Man, you are a damn artist. Those things look like you could have worked on each set for hours upon hours. Nicely done and will add them to my list. PM me before a possible price increase :cool:

navalbronco66

I have a set of the wild horses hd shackles and someone already posted these HD shackles cracking at the welds. They mentioned how the WH stuff didn't allow full movement, like the original shackles. I'm still in the full restoration of my bronco and unfortunately already had the WH shackles, but my order has been placed for these quality items. Don't want future problems.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the orders!

I have just one set left in stock from this run.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thank you for the orders, just sold out of this batch.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
very soon. I'm working on more, as well as considering offering them un coated.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have them back in stock, see the first post for more details.