• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Green Machine............

gator-n-buck

Loc.
Knoxville
2013-01-29_17-11-27_311.jpg

2013-01-29_17-11-17_657.jpg

2013-01-29_17-11-01_572.jpg

2013-01-29_17-10-50_435.jpg

2013-01-29_09-42-10_665.jpg

2013-01-29_09-41-43_284.jpg

2013-01-29_09-36-44_52.jpg

guardrail

Really nice! What size tires/lift is that? That's exactly the stance I'm looking to achieve.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Very Nice! Who make the bumpers? Really like the recessed mounts in the front and back. Great color as well!

OP
OP
gator-n-buck

gator-n-buck

Loc.
Knoxville
The color is Synergy Green...... Yes, I know it's a Camaro color...... Brett at Hard Knox Fab not only hand made the bumpes, Rollbar, and many other parts. He did the whole restore on this one. Engine swap and several other upgrades. His dad is the owner of the Bronco Driver Magazine. This family is a true Bronco family and great people.

Located in Knoxville, Tn

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Super nice. That's the perfect truck for the blacked out wheels look.

My only suggestion is that the rear of the cage needs at least a crossbar to be functional. Right now there's nothing to keep the two rear legs from flopping over if you roll. Just some friendly advice!

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Sweet bronco and awesome color. Oh and the bumpers are killer. Live the looks of them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
gator-n-buck

gator-n-buck

Loc.
Knoxville
Super nice. That's the perfect truck for the blacked out wheels look.

My only suggestion is that the rear of the cage needs at least a crossbar to be functional. Right now there's nothing to keep the two rear legs from flopping over if you roll. Just some friendly advice!

I see what you are saying but most EB don't have full rollbars and the ones that have the regular rollbars dont have a crossbar in the back and those rollbars have been funtional for years.

I thought the black and green would go well together and thanks.....

nathan_1970

That is a very good looking Bronco. That green works very well with those black rims.

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
I see what you are saying but most EB don't have full rollbars and the ones that have the regular rollbars dont have a crossbar in the back and those rollbars have been funtional for years.

I thought the black and green would go well together and thanks.....

Most older single hoop rollbars had supports that attached to the wheelwells which is better than nothing in a rollover but not great. You really don't want to emulate weak, outdated safety measures.

It's not going to be functional if your aim is to protect rear seat passengers. If you don't have anyone back there it's no big deal. I certainly wouldn't put a kid there.

OP
OP
gator-n-buck

gator-n-buck

Loc.
Knoxville
Most older single hoop rollbars had supports that attached to the wheelwells which is better than nothing in a rollover but not great. You really don't want to emulate weak, outdated safety measures.

It's not going to be functional if your aim is to protect rear seat passengers. If you don't have anyone back there it's no big deal. I certainly wouldn't put a kid there.

I guess where the miss understanding might be is that I'm not planning on doing any crazy off roading in this vehicle. Already have a Honda sideXside for that. Mainly just a weekend cruiser considering I have a work vehicle plus my Dodge Ram crew cab sitting in the driveway...... Put to much money into it, to try the rollbar out........ :D

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
I guess where the miss understanding might be is that I'm not planning on doing any crazy off roading in this vehicle. Already have a Honda sideXside for that. Mainly just a weekend cruiser considering I have a work vehicle plus my Dodge Ram crew cab sitting in the driveway...... Put to much money into it, to try the rollbar out........ :D

I'm not talking about wheeling, I'm talking about driving down the road with people back there. Maybe you missed the thread by the guy who rolled on the road with his son in the back? His full cage saved their lives.

I dont mean to get on your case. its just that the lifted short wheelbase trucks with soft suspensions and no swaybars we drive are super easy to roll in a simple crash.