• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

trans clear cover.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Is it the Gear GAWKER. OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
Seems like one of our members used to make them. Its a clear window to see your fluid level .. Seems like 7 years ago everyone got one but me.
Now I'm thinking about one. Do they stay clear so you can see your level.
I figured that it'd be a clear window for about a month but then it'd be just as dark as if it were metal.
... How well do they work & how many leak. I own a Diesel I have enough leaks.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Gear Gawker made by TOFIC

I have no info on how well they work long term, but have not seen complaints.
He was on here a few days ago even though he hasn't posted in a while.

Casey835

I was looking for the gear gawker too a few weeks ago or at least an alternative to my leaky cover I have now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... WOW TOFIC... For you that don't remember him. He was about the only one older than me. His handle stood for THE OLD FART IN CANADA..
He was the best on the Hydro Booster. & Since he's not been on here noone does Hydro boost.
Everyone is back to vacuum power boosters.
... He also went to the wrecking yard every few days & pulled some part & adapted it to his Bronco. He was a world of info.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I ran across four of them - new - in a box on one of my shop shelves the other day. I'll try to figure out which PTO cover they replace; I have no records of what I ordered them for.

Edit: The four I have are for NP-435 and NP-205 PTO openings.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
From what I remember the gear gawker were for the t-case. Not sure if he made em for the tranny

That's the one I have, not on the T case yet though...

Not heard anything too negative and yep it was TOFIC that made them

ChrisC74

... WOW TOFIC... For you that don't remember him. He was about the only one older than me. His handle stood for THE OLD FART IN CANADA..
He was the best on the Hydro Booster. & Since he's not been on here noone does Hydro boost.
Everyone is back to vacuum power boosters.
... He also went to the wrecking yard every few days & pulled some part & adapted it to his Bronco. He was a world of info.

He is still around and still making gear gawkers - shoot him and PM and he can hook you up.

-ChrisC74

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
I think I got mine from TOFIC back in 2005 or so... has held up fine and still clear as far as I remember. It was around 30$ back then... I might have a recent picture. I'd look in the garage, but a tree fell on it and destroyed my bronco three weeks ago.

As far as leaking... I don't think it leaked. My bronco had lots of leaks though.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I ran one for a few years. I landed mine on a rock at OCBR a few years ago and it split inward from one of the bolt holes and started leaking. After dealing with the leak for a while I replaced it with one of the cast aluminum covers that WH sells, which actually adds a little strength to the case they claim.