• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parts Book??

aj

Loc.
Holts Summit , Mo
Is there such a thing as a "Dealer Parts Book" for the early bronco? Ford don't have information on these things anymore and was curious if such a thing existed.

RVB

Contributor
Parts Books

Although the information can be obtained in more high tech ways, these are the Ford parts books I use. Broncos were included with cars, not trucks. The books were used by dealership parts departments before the computer age and can still be found under some Ford parts counters for reference. They are generally divided into parts and illustrations.

Please excuse the usual mess on my desk.

Hope this helps, Rex

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
A

aj

Loc.
Holts Summit , Mo
Wow, be nice to find that! Is there an electronic version of those as I'm sure anyone who has the books will want an arm and a leg for them. Need something more in my budget.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I do not know how well they cover Bronco parts but there are Ford master parts catalogs available on CD/DVD, I have seen them on eBay.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Wow, be nice to find that! Is there an electronic version of those as I'm sure anyone who has the books will want an arm and a leg for them. Need something more in my budget.

Swap meets, and craigslist.... ebay to o :)

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the complete set of manuals for the 73. I’m downsizing getting ready for retirement so may be willing to part with them. I’ll get pictures later this week.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I have the complete set of manuals for the 73. I’m downsizing getting ready for retirement so may be willing to part with them. I’ll get pictures later this week.

The 5th wheel life is good I see... :)

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
BACK 20 YEARS AGO THERE was a book store in old town Cleburne Tx. I went in there just checking it out a few times.
Used books were about $20.00 back then . SO YOU MIGHT check out aUsed Book Store near you next time you see one. That old gal had her book labeled & In sections .. as to have all the car books in one section.
It was rather nice.
& Of course than is always Flea Bay.
I have a 1967, Motors Manuel Blue Book, my mother got me for Christmas one year when I was in High School . She gave it to me for my1966 Chevy II 350HP 327CID 4 SPEED SS. I WORE THE COVER off it reading & looking at pictures . But I was the go to GUY In high school as it had all cars in it.
It was a pretty good book So you should be able to find one of those for sure.
I also have a couple of Haynes repair manuals.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
JUST throwing this out there, if you need to know a specific number hit me up....35 years in as a Ford parts guy..

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
LOL That's the same # my buddy gave me Friday night ! He was a ford parts guy for a long time also, been retired for about 8 years and can still rattle #'s off like he's looking at the computer.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... DS72 OR DS 70 STANDARD Ignition. oNE IS CHEVY & OTHER IS gM .But I've been out of the Business since 1995.
Mine is from memory .
........... Tasker do you know our local Ford Parts Man .. Dale Jeffreys. Stephenville TexStar Ford ...... JEFF WAS IN PARTS WHEN I WAS IN hIGH SCHOOL 1967. & HE'S STILL THERE .. He's still working because he had some kind of great old time ins . His wife has liver cancer .. Been fighting it for 20 years.
.... He's everybody hero. he's still driving his 1967 fast back Mustang . I matched the paint on it twice through my 30 years of selling paint .
''Old FORD GUYS RULE''.......