• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chevy Front Disc Flexible Brake P/N

RonJones

Contributor
Anybody have a good P/N for the Chevy Front Disc Conversion Flexible Brake Hose that hooks from the late 70’s GM caliper banjo bolt and is clipped into the bracket bolted to the bump stop mount? After looking thru the various vendors online, I couldn’t find one, and tried the GM 70’s version from RockAuto and the bracket mounting hole would have to be substantially drilled wider and a flange nut would need to be added.

OP
OP
R

RonJones

Contributor
Never mind, found it on ePay from Speedway motors: item # 131499818321

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I made a mounting bracket for the 70's GM hose and welded it to the bracket for the old Ford one on each end of the housing on my D30. For the hose from the master cylinder I made a new mounting tab on the frame lower down and made a new steel line from the master cylinder down to it.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I used 74 Blazer front brake lines for the knuckles it fit the stock support on the Bronco with the Bronco retainer. For the center hose used 78 Bronco for the front and rear hoses with the same74 Bronco with 2-1/2" lift. You have to use the Blazer copper crush washers and blazer banjo bolts.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Braided lines give you a super firm pedal! I like it, not everyone does.