• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Stroked Whorse" build thread

Attac

Contributor
No. The front hoops are bloody knuckle garage. The rear ones were made by Migs here on the forums. He also made the heavy duty coil cups and the steering stabilizer frame bracket.

So with the hydroboost. I had a custom show stage 3 hydratech kit made. I went to install yesterday and they had shipped me the wrong one. It was made for a guy down in Florida. So now the waiting game continues.

So yours went to Florida....... I'm gonna go check my front porch to see if UPS left something for me....;D

Looking good Adam!!!!

CobraJetKid

Loc.
Saratoga Springs
Cobra - looking good! The hydroboost will drop right into the same place so won't have to change any lines at all. I'm happy about that. I was producing 4lbs of vacuum at idle, so vacuum booster was just not gonna cut it. So be thinking about that as you choose your cam. If you go too extreme like I did, you will run into problems.
That's awesome. I was kinda disappointed to find out that the stainless lines I ordered weren't gonna work with the Wilwood MC but that changed once I saw the braided lines hooked up. Will definitely consider it. Already learned that lesson when I put a 383 with a huge cam in my Silverado. Brake booster wasn't too happy with it. Hopefully picking up some ported Edelbrock Performer heads for my new motor this weekend.

OP
OP
G

golfobx

Loc.
Suffolk, Va
few more updates....

hydroboost installed...HOLY COW!....for the first time ever i actually can stop my bronco!

had to install the fox shocks upside down upfront due to how the reservoir connects into the main shock housing...it had clearance issues...other than looking a little funny, its rides great...very happy with them

Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2626.jpg
    IMG_2626.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2637.jpg
    IMG_2637.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 237

mavereq

Bronco Guru
I think you could mount the reservoir to the shock hoop instead of the shock body

OP
OP
G

golfobx

Loc.
Suffolk, Va
Still wouldn't fit. The issue is with where the fitting is mounted on the shock body. It either has to go straight forward or back which won't work. Need it to go left to right. Don't know if that makes sense, but yea, I have to mount it upside down. Fox said its perfectly fine to do it, I just prefer the look of it mounted right side up.

Plus the tubing is sitting right above the radius arm so it's protected.

OP
OP
G

golfobx

Loc.
Suffolk, Va
here are the rear shock mounts buttoned up and shocks installed

Attachments

• IMG_2663.jpg
    IMG_2663.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_2660.jpg
    IMG_2660.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 266

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looking great Adam! really coming together nicely.

OP
OP
G

golfobx

Loc.
Suffolk, Va
got my first show this weekend...really looking forward to it...

made a few more changes, and a few more in the works...

installed the Duff steering heim linkage, extended radius arms are sitting here waiting to be installed

the vent block off plate was made by Migs...looks great and fits like a glove

i will also be installing the stealth terminator efi by holley

Attachments

• IMG_2815.jpg
    IMG_2815.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2806.jpg
    IMG_2806.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2813.jpg
    IMG_2813.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2814.jpg
    IMG_2814.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 165

Huckit36

Whos Migs and how do i get parts from him? That block off plate is clean! What top did you go with? Very clean build

OP
OP
G

golfobx

Loc.
Suffolk, Va
Been to a few shows the last few weeks. Here's a quick shot of the bronco and my dads 64 1/2 mustang.

And I went to a cars and coffee with a buddy who took his Ferrari.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 217
OP
OP
G

golfobx

Loc.
Suffolk, Va
Thought the Ferrari pic was fitting since my paint is Ferrari paint. Plus it's a really cool car!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 193
OP
OP
G

golfobx

Loc.
Suffolk, Va
hey guys...im back.

its been a while, between moving and getting a new engine installed...

but new engine is in, 3in exhaust run (very tight but looks nice), long arms (thanks mike!), and a few other goodies...will post pics soon!

kmill23

hey guys...im back.

its been a while, between moving and getting a new engine installed...

but new engine is in, 3in exhaust run (very tight but looks nice), long arms (thanks mike!), and a few other goodies...will post pics soon!

What's the deal with the new engine? Changing from a 347?

OP
OP
G

golfobx

Loc.
Suffolk, Va
here are pics of exhaust...also, new tom woods polished and cleared custom shafts should arrive today or monday...

Attachments

• IMG_5352.jpg
    IMG_5352.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5351.jpg
    IMG_5351.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5350.jpg
    IMG_5350.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 133
OP
OP
G

golfobx

Loc.
Suffolk, Va
installing the holley sniper this weekend...so far so good...got the 670 holley removed, sniper in place, all plumbing routed, linkages in place, thermostat in and wired, o2 sensor in and wired, vacuum lines connected...now i just need to hook up the main sniper harness

i knew this day would come, so already had a holley billet fuel pump, 10 post and 100 pre filter with braided lines and AN fittings...so didn't take too long to hook new system in

here are a few pics...so far its taken about an hour and a half

Attachments

• IMG_5563.jpg
    IMG_5563.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5567.jpg
    IMG_5567.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 77

crutch

Looking good. How did you route your harnesses for the sniper? I just started my install and trying to figure out where to run wires. The connectors on 12" pigtails from the throttle body makes it a little challenging to keep it clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk