• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1976 Bronco project

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Due to my age and other factors, I've realized that I have too many boat and vehicle projects and can never finish them all. Some have to go..this has been chosen as one of those. Clean title.

What’s Done

Rolling Chassis build is completely finished
- Professionally rebuilt 1989 Mustang 5.0 HO (MAF EFI) with RJM engine harness and dual alternators (was going to use one for onboard welder setup
- Centerforce Dual-Friction clutch on new flywheel
- NP-435 with Gear Banger Shifter
- D-20 t-case with Wild Horses HD output shaft upgrade and twin sticks
- New Tom Woods driveshaft (rear) and rebuilt front driveshaft
- New brakes and brake hardware w/ stainless brake lines
- Wild Horses Wrap Trap
- Wild Horses SS shorty headers through pair of stainless pipes in to stainless Magnaflow muffler and single 2.5” tailpipe.
- Custom 22 gallon aluminum tank with Walbro in-tank fuel pump
- 4.10 9” with TrueTrac LS dif and Superior axles
- 4.10 D44 with ARB and Superior axles
- WH 3.5” suspension with Bilstein shocks
- 1-ton TRE front steering tie rod and drag links
- WTO rebuilt PS box
- Dick Cepek LT315/75R16 (35”) tires on Mickey Thompson Classic rims (except for the spare tire..that’s a 35” Dunlop on a 15” American Racing wheel)
- Pre-runner front and rear bumpers with Warn 9500I winch on front
- All body mount locations on the frame have had the “repair washers” welded in place.

The Rest of It

The body is in pieces (see pic). I bought most of the metal to repair it; most of what needs repairing is actually a “re-do” of crappy metal work done by PO. However, I’d recently decided that if I was going to complete this project, it would be with a Bronco Design fiberglass body.

Have doors, complete dash and original harness (in decent shape actually), pedal assembly, steering column, heater assy, etc. etc.. What I do NOT have for it yet are seats, and I do not have a top for it anymore...tree fell on it where I had it stored. ;-( Windshield is broken too…I’ve had those made locally for $150 though.

I have a hydroboost unit (astro van) with the AN hose adapter fittings that goes with it but I have not bought a mount for it yet. Actually..I always fab my own when the time comes.

Some may remember this truck from about 7 years ago when we had it at one of the Roundup events. It was a half cab then, with tired old stock 302 and 3-speed…but she acquitted herself well.

I should note that the frame was painted with Por 15 and it has faded considerably since the pics were taken. As Por 15 always does. A new coat of gloss black chassis paint would put the gloss back.

Attachments

• front 1.jpg
    front 1.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 719
  • rear view 1.jpg
    rear view 1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 674
  • exhaust and tank.jpg
    exhaust and tank.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 658
  • DSCN0256.jpg
    DSCN0256.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 647
  • Mike and adrian.jpg
    Mike and adrian.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 696
  • body.jpg
    body.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
THAT fine young lad did great too!

Attachments

• BMC1.jpg
    BMC1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 259
  • BMC.jpg
    BMC.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 239
OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Time sure does fly by, Randy. Mike is turning 22 here in a few weeks. He'll be sorry to see "his" EB go away, but he's got a 1990 Bronc that's in great shape and is more focused these days on getting better jobs, keeping the gf happy, etc. than playing with trucks or his Honda and KTM MX bikes. The latter he's keeping...we're looking for a small enclosed trailer so he can store them in that and haul them to the tracks behind the '90 Bronc. ;-)

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
miss those days....hope to see ya this go round! good luck with the sale though!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Looks like a nice start for someone wanting to build a bronco. I want to build another racer. Yours is too good to do that to.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Dang! I was hoping to see the name Pantera somewhere in this thread.

MikeKC130J

Contributor
Sir I am intrested in your bronco project. However is the bronco tub worth fixing or is the best route to go with fiberglass tub. If you would like to talk details pleas txt or email me. Mikeyam50@hotmail.com or 252-675-2426
Thank you!

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dang! I was hoping to see the name Pantera somewhere in this thread.

The Pantera is one of the projects I'm committed to finishing. That and the repower of my '72 Donzi and the 428 Berkeley drag jet install in my '72 Champ./

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
were the repair washers necessary or used as a precaution?

At least two of the mount locations had the holes rusted thin on the edges of the holes if not actually oversize..so I did them all. Pretty much a standard task for the ones I've built. Had to do the same thing to all the mounting locations on my '78 Bronco recently too.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One guy who is interested asked for more pics of the various body/tub parts...so here are some. As for all the small parts...I've got boxes full of them from taking apart so many of these over the years. I have a 12V air compressor with tank to operate the ARB and inflate tires...it goes with it too.

Attachments

• IMG_1220[1].jpg
    IMG_1220[1].jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1221[1].jpg
    IMG_1221[1].jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1222[1].jpg
    IMG_1222[1].jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1223[1].jpg
    IMG_1223[1].jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1224[1].jpg
    IMG_1224[1].jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1225[1].jpg
    IMG_1225[1].jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1226[1].jpg
    IMG_1226[1].jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 169

MikeKC130J

Contributor
I'll take it

Thanks for the extra pictures.
Looks good I'll take it. I've sent you a txt.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.