• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Melissa, shoot me all of the pictures you have or if you could bring it to the body shop at Smith Ford in Conway, that would be even better. I'd be more than happy to help you out on this if I can. I'm no Bronco authority like some of the guys on here are, but I've been doing body work for a long time.
jedixon2@alltel.net

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I have some stuff I am replacing on my Bronco, that I can donate to the project.

My stock front seats, which are in pretty damn good shape. I attached a pic of the seats, they actually look better, now that I cleaned them. I have a set of recaros on the way, so if you want these seats they are yours.

A set of brand new rear fiberglass fender flares, and a set of used but pretty good front flares

I have a set of F250 shock mounts I was going to use, but got a better set of front shock mounts, you can have. I will also have a set of K Bar S front springs, they are about 3.5 inch lift, they are old but in good shape.

If you want any of these just pay shipping

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
to the offer for the seats, fender flares, etc. Thank you for being so generous. Could you tell me about how much it would cost to ship to 72086? I would really appreciate it very much. Thank you again

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Pictures....
I will get out in the morning and take as many pictures as possible. I will get every angle I can imagine. Thank you all so very much for your help and advice today. I look forward to hearing from you all.

sincerely,
Melissa

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
CPT_D_1969 said:
to the offer for the seats, fender flares, etc. Thank you for being so generous. Could you tell me about how much it would cost to ship to 72086? I would really appreciate it very much. Thank you again

I don't really have any idea what it would cost to ship , but I bet it wouldn't be more than 75-100 bucks

Just to let you know it will be a week or two before I can send them out. I am moving this week, and waiting for some custom brackets for the new seats.

Maybee someone has a corprate account with a shipping company that can save some money with shipping.

I will look up shipping costs this week from 02453

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
Hey guys lets pull together and see what we can do. I am going to scrounge around my shop and see what we can come up with. I would really like to show this ladys husband how much we appreciate his service. Lets look around. I know if my wife was doing this for me I would want someone to help here and not let here get taken. Lets get some more pics of the rig too. I have a stock PS pump if you need one.I also have diamond tread rocker panel protecters. You can have them too. I know I have some more stuff.

Last edited:

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
DonsBolt said:
I have some stuff I am replacing on my Bronco, that I can donate to the project.

My stock front seats, which are in pretty damn good shape. I attached a pic of the seats, they actually look better, now that I cleaned them. I have a set of recaros on the way, so if you want these seats they are yours.

A set of brand new rear fiberglass fender flares, and a set of used but pretty good front flares

I have a set of F250 shock mounts I was going to use, but got a better set of front shock mounts, you can have. I will also have a set of K Bar S front springs, they are about 3.5 inch lift, they are old but in good shape.

If you want any of these just pay shipping
I got the same lift off my Bronco. She can pic and choose. She should meet us at the OCBR to pic up stuff that is too heavy to ship (not worth its weight). I also think I have some fiberglass flares. All but 1 of them are in good condition.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
saryan said:
I got the same lift off my Bronco. She can pic and choose. She should meet us at the OCBR to pic up stuff that is too heavy to ship (not worth its weight). I also think I have some fiberglass flares. All but 1 of them are in good condition.

I was going to suggest this too.....the Oklahoma Classic Bronco Roundup is coming up at the Superlift park in Hot Springs. Maybe someone could talk with the event organizer, and they could have a wrenching party/inspection on Melissa's EB. Sounds like a good way to spend some down time, and it's for a good cause--I know I would appreciate it. I'm sure a couple of guys could go over the EB, put in some new seats, and install the Chevy disc brake conversion in just a couple of hours. If I was not in Iraq, I would donate a couple hours to help out. I get to come home in January too. Good luck!

mag409

Loc.
Central Pennsylvania
I'm game. I have a used grill I can donate. Some light surface rust, no major dents or dings. This sounds like a good story for "Bronco Driver" is brewing.

Also have a new OEM chrome bumper. I got it in a package deal and the guy drilled some holes in it for a license plate. I will get some pics. Its yours if you want it.

Someone should start a list of what is needed and we can all start to fill in the missing parts. I'm sure there are enough parts in our garages to put this rig back into service.

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
What a great thread! I hope I can find some way to help out. I really don't have many parts lying around, and I live too far away to lend my time. Maybe people in my situation that want to participate in this can help fund some of the replacement parts needed, perhaps by pitching in on a gift certificate to one of our great vendors. I would bet there are several vendors that would send a nice discount her way as a contribution of their own.

I don't know, maybe that's a good idea and maybe it's not. I sure hope there is someway for me to contribute. Anybody got any other ideas?

Melissa,

This is such a thoughtful thing that you are doing, and for such a deserving person. There is no doubt in my mind that you will find all of the help you need right here on this site. I think the idea of you going to OCBR is a great one. You will undoubtedly find many willing wrenches among the folks there I'm sure. Best of luck to you...

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Hello,
I just was thinking you guys are being so good to me. I never dreamed I would get the responses I did when I posted the thread on the web site. Now ya'll are saying it could be a "Bronco Driver" story! I can't imagine how awesome that would be! Thank you all so very much for your help. You guys name the place, and I'll be there! I am so excited, I am shaking! I am going out to take some pics now. I will get as many as I can.

Thanks so much for being so wonderful!
Melissa

Sharkman

Loc.
Austin, Tx.
I whole hartedly agree, lets fix this pony up. While I am to far away to do alot of work I'd be willing to road trip for a work day, maby send some cash to offset some expensis. What we need to do is find you a local club or motivated bronco owner to spearhead this thing.

I know Bronco Driver is looking for stories of military bronco owners, maby they could do a whole write up on the rebuild. That would be a good story, Hint-Hint.

Any body or club that lives in Ark. or Noth Texas willing to step up to the plate and get this ball rolling.

We need to look after the folks that are looking after us.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Oklahoma Classic Bronco Roundup Sounds like a fantastic place to be. Let me know when and where, and I will be there. You can't miss me, I'll be the one with the biggest smile!

You all are terrific!
Melissa

I sent my story into "Bronco Driver" I told them how wonderful everyone has been and how floored I was by the respose I received. I will copy and paste what I sent in below....Thank you all so much....

My name is Melissa, and I have a pretty amazing story for you. My husband is active duty Army and has been for 14 years. He has been deployed to Camp Victory South (on the west side of Bahgdad) since January 2005. He left 3 days after our 10th Anniversary. Anyway, he has been serving this great nation of ours for years and is now defending our freedom with his very life as many other brave men and women are doing. He has been wanting a Bronco for so long and with him being away (the pay for family seperation, hazardous duty, etc) and saving money, we managed to get him a 1969 Bronco while he was home for R & R for 14 days. He was so excited about getting it, he was like a kid with a new toy. He drove it every chance he got and spent what time he had cleaning it up and tinkering with this and that. Well, as you can imagine, 14 days is not enough time to get our new baby fixed up and ready to go, so while he is gone for the next 5 months I am going to attempt to fix this pony up for him as a sort of Thanks to my hero/welcome home gift. That is where my story begins...

I became a member of classicbroncos.com to get some input on the whole modification/ restoration project since I know nothing about it. I posted a thread explaining my situation, and asked for help. I was floored by the responses. People from everywhere offered their help, advice, and even parts. I am going to the Oklahoma Classic Bronco Roundup because some guys have offered to have a wrenching party in their down time there to help out. I can't tell you how amazed I was to have so many wonderful people so willing to help out with my soldier's gift. The Bronco community is truely a fantastic place to be. I am attaching a couple of pics so you can see what I am starting with. I will keep you posted on the rest of the story. It will be an awesome story for your magazine without a doubt. I will get lots of pictures at the Roundup of all the guys and gals who lend their wrenches, sweat, and time. I know this will be an inspiring story for any Military family, Bronco enthusiast, or anyone who has lost faith in our society.

I hope to hear from you soon regarding my story. I can't wait to receive your magazine. I look forward to reading about the great folks in the Bronco community!

Sincerely,
Melissa

Last edited:

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Now that is one heck of a compliment to all of us. I live in Batesville Arkansas and will see you in Hot Springs. It just so happens I have some 31x10.5-15 Mud King tires on stock wheels with nice hub caps that would look good on this project. Tires have about forty percent tread left or better, are balanced and ready to mount if you are intrested. My son and I can bring them down to the OCBR and put them on for you, no charge, with respect and appreciation for what your husband is doing for us all :cool:

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I am too far away to help, and dont have many parts that will be helpful, but first of all I want to Thank your Husband for his service to our country.
and thank you for supporting him while he serves, Its harder on the spouse than the one serving alot of times.

I will dig and see if I have any spare parts that maybe I can sell and earmark the $$ for your project.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
In no particular order, here are some more pics that Melissa sent to me. Bear with me, theres alot

Attachments

• dsfront.jpg
    dsfront.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 164
  • dsfront2.jpg
    dsfront2.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 114
  • dsrear.jpg
    dsrear.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 97
  • dsrear2.jpg
    dsrear2.jpg