• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Doldrums

67RT

Bronco Guru
This is the time of year when weather sucks and the truck just sits pathetically under the cover waiting for spring. The salt will hit the roads soon and end my driving days. Too bad as it is running great and just put in new wheel cylinders, rubber brake lines, and had a metal fuel line run front to back, bypassing the aux tank, on top of the recent water pump and radiator. I have been uneasy driving with all the morons on roads in DC metro and all that fuel right there under my butt.
I won't be surprised if I list it soon, as it seems like a waste to sit for so long and not get used.
I get like this every year when the weather turns. I need to move west.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I hear you. The dam wind around hear lately has been crazy. I haven't hit the doldrums yet for me that usual come s in January and February since it is way too cold to drive. If you think you want to sell it drop me a pm I am always looking.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What’s salt on the roads? supposed to be in the mid 80s this week. Haaa yea I’m a d%ck.
Sorry dudes if it makes you feel better we have to put up with crazy politicians and crazy taxes.
Jerry brown will probably try to tax us for sunshine pretty soon.

Cmon out and I’ll drive you around

Have a great Thanksgiving gentlemen

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
What’s salt on the roads? supposed to be in the mid 80s this week. Haaa yea I’m a d%ck.
Sorry dudes if it makes you feel better we have to put up with crazy politicians and crazy taxes.

No salt goes on fry's;D

OP
OP
67RT

67RT

Bronco Guru

That's the problem. Maryland is also a high tax state AND crap weather. It is either 95 and humid or rainy/snowy and cold.
State raised our property tax another 10 %. I pay 7k annually, and have Fed, state, local, and city income tax.
I tried to move to Newbury/Thousand Oaks area a couple of years back, but my job situation was too good to give up and risk with a family. Later, believe me, I will moving on.
I can put up with taxes and Fruit Loops as long as there is daily sunshine and bikini possibilities

OP
OP
67RT

67RT

Bronco Guru
I hear you. The dam wind around hear lately has been crazy. I haven't hit the doldrums yet for me that usual come s in January and February since it is way too cold to drive. If you think you want to sell it drop me a pm I am always looking.

Will do. If I sell it I am going to leave the soft top on and just cut the ratchet straps holding the hard top to the rafters of my garage and watch it plunge and squash on the floor. All this because I have bashed my head on it at least 20 times since I put it up there. Wrapped the edges and posts with bubble wrap!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
67RT I hear you with storing the hard top!
The problem is you live on the wrong side of the state! I have low property taxes, no traffic, and no local taxes. Maryland is not perfect but there are a lot of worse places to live. Think taxes are high here check out New Jersey!

OP
OP
67RT

67RT

Bronco Guru
67RT I hear you with storing the hard top!
The problem is you live on the wrong side of the state! I have low property taxes, no traffic, and no local taxes. Maryland is not perfect but there are a lot of worse places to live. Think taxes are high here check out New Jersey!
I know. They are bad. We have great schools in Mont. Co and that is why we stay, as well as proximity to good jobs. I have been here for all 51 years of my life so the grass is always greener.
We like the Eastern Shore. My mother has a nice oceanfront condo in a high rice in Ocean City and my uncle has a pretty awesome farm on the Wicomico River in Newburg near Wicomico Raceway.
Retirement will determine where my son is. My wife won't venture too far. If we have to stay near DelMarVa I will pick Delaware because of their tax situation. Would prefer more temperate climate but depends on $$$..

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It s always greener like you said. Gov just added an additional gas tax because we have so many elec cars the tax on gas wasn’t cutting it. Stupid stupid
It could be worse. We could have jeeps. Haaa unless it was a CJ7, they get a pass in my book.

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
Come on down to Charlotte! Great weather, affordable taxes, low state taxes, arts, sports, strong brewery scene, 2 hours to the mountains 3 to the beach, and one of the fastest growing economies in the country.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Bronco Doldrums for me too! House sold faster than expected, so Bronco is in storage. :p

Portland decided it is going to salt the roads this year. The Greenies put up a fight about it, but lost.

Looking forward to Tucson heat and sun in 2018!

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Too often folks make the opposite mistake and move to some place that is so appealing in the winter, like Tucson. But then realize that summer is the opposite problem in very southerly locations. The key is to just stay below 37 degree north latitude. Above, and winter can be cold, long, and in many parts, salty. Below, winter is cold and short, and summer is hot and short. But salt is very minor if at all. Frankly the latitude of I-40 is just about perfect. I can drive all year long. I don't envy anyone in Denver, nor in those places to the south.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Albuquerque has the perfect climate IMHO, and it lacks the destructive forces of nature prevalent to the coasts and Plains.
To bad the government has screwed it up.
Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Indiana has four great distinct seasons. Not the best of any (maybe) but really good IMO. We live on a lake and have fun with the toon in the summer (bikini's are out) but we really like Fall best. Snow is fun too but some winters it's really cold for too long. But that just make Spring that much better.

Taxes are not too bad. Basketball is pretty big. And the government is pretty OK (again IMO). Seems like there's wasted spending here but not sure what can be done about that. Cost of living is great.

But I don't drive my EB in the winter due to salt and no top/doors. But winter for me is time for upgrades (if I get off my ass).

OP
OP
67RT

67RT

Bronco Guru
I guess I shouldn't be such a sourpuss as it can get worse. I mean I played baseball on Saturday. Of course it was cold and had to play this late because we have been rained out for 3 weeks in a row. I don't drive my old cars in rain or salt, so limited time available around here. No 300 days of sunshine.
I am going to sleep on the decision over the winter. Will post here before I put it anywhere else if I do sell. Should be easy to move with orig panels, floors and most paint despite cut and no upgrades besides soft top.

PaveBronco

Albuquerque has the perfect climate IMHO, and it lacks the destructive forces of nature prevalent to the coasts and Plains.
To bad the government has screwed it up.
Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

used to love hitting the snow up in the mountains and coming back home, changing into shorts and T shirt.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
This is the time of year when weather sucks and the truck just sits pathetically under the cover waiting for spring. The salt will hit the roads soon and end my driving days. Too bad as it is running great and just put in new wheel cylinders, rubber brake lines, and had a metal fuel line run front to back, bypassing the aux tank, on top of the recent water pump and radiator. I have been uneasy driving with all the morons on roads in DC metro and all that fuel right there under my butt.
I won't be surprised if I list it soon, as it seems like a waste to sit for so long and not get used.
I get like this every year when the weather turns. I need to move west.

Buy a trailer, haul it somewhere, go wheeling Go Mild :) don't have to go extreme

OP
OP
67RT

67RT

Bronco Guru
Buy a trailer, haul it somewhere, go wheeling Go Mild :) don't have to go extreme
I am not an off roader. Probably should get into it. Knowing me it will break down in the middle of nowhere..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I am not an off roader. Probably should get into it. Knowing me it will break down in the middle of nowhere..

LOL, it's fun. Put Lots of Faces to user names too. meet lots of great folks

Good luck man