• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New member and would like some advice...

69bronco289

First off I should have became a member on here many years ago. I'm excited to check out the site more and find good ways to restore my broncos. I have a 68 and a 69. I am considering to build up the 68 as a daily driver since it has a aftermarket running gear and fuel injection. My question to you guys is I'm looking to sell my 1969 Bronco with all original running gear, 3 on the tree and factory 289 motor. The fenders have been cut, no rust and overall looks rough. It does need interior work to. But it does run and drive good. I will post a couple pics of it and can hopefully get some feed back on what you think its worth if I sell it. Hope everyone has a great turkey day. I appreciate the positive advice if you have some. Ok, so I'm now trying to figure out how to post pictures on here? Thank you

Attachments

• 57BFF6AC-456D-4B80-8898-57EAD7119C5A.jpg
    57BFF6AC-456D-4B80-8898-57EAD7119C5A.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
become a contributor for $12 a year then you can post pics to your hearts content. well worth it.
welcome aboard!

OP
OP

69bronco289

become a contributor for $12 a year then you can post pics to your hearts content. well worth it.
welcome aboard!

Thank you. I did not notice any fee when I became a member to the site. I will try and track it down right now.

OP
OP

69bronco289

Can someone help me navigate on this site so I can pay to become a member that can also post pictures? I a member on Classicparker for boats and no fee is asked. I'd love to pay so I can learn more within the bronco family. Thank you

suckerpunched

did anyone mention we like pictures. now that you are a contributor, post some of both Broncos.
What part of the country are you from?

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site! The picture you posted, is that the bronco you want to sell? If so it looks like it could be a 70-72/73? The side markers and 302 badging went up through those years maybe even up to 74 but don't quote me on that....

OP
OP

69bronco289

Welcome to the site! The picture you posted, is that the bronco you want to sell? If so it looks like it could be a 70-72/73? The side markers and 302 badging went up through those years maybe even up to 74 but don't quote me on that....

It's a 69 Bronco, I didn't have any 289 emblems at the time so put the 302 ones on. It does have the original 289 and I'm considering to sell this one. I hope you all have a happy thanksgiving!

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I will get more photos soon to put on here. I'm located in Sonoma County, CA

ok, but even the side markers are not correct for a 69. Does anyone know if ford started using any 70's style markers on 69's towards the end of production for that year? You might want to check your frame VIN along with the glovebox tag and title to make sure they match

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
ok, but even the side markers are not correct for a 69. Does anyone know if ford started using any 70's style markers on 69's towards the end of production for that year?

There have been several 69-related discussions here over the years and one recent one started by ToddZ where we might be able to find out that information.
I'm pretty sure I've brought that up before but forget if I was shown to be correct, or shot down in the prime of life, but it's my experience that there are at least some '69's with the side markers.

I've seen them, but at the time there was no way to know that each one was original and unmolested.
I just brought it up in Todd's thread this minute and maybe we'll find out.

Paul

chuckyb

Contributor
ok, but even the side markers are not correct for a 69. Does anyone know if ford started using any 70's style markers on 69's towards the end of production for that year? You might want to check your frame VIN along with the glovebox tag and title to make sure they match

Kinda looks like maybe the fender and door were replaced. The quarter looks like it has the older style reflector.