• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lee's Special 76 Decor Build Thread

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Cayan Red is done!

The tub is done!! The black accents will be this weekend, if the weather stays clear. I am thrilled how the paint turned out.

Attachments

• finish_tub.jpg
    finish_tub.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 108
  • finish_back.jpg
    finish_back.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 99
  • finish_drive.jpg
    finish_drive.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 99
  • finish_front.jpg
    finish_front.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 104
  • finish_Left.jpg
    finish_Left.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 102
  • finish_pass.jpg
    finish_pass.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Black is done...

The grill center is now satin black, along with the face of the core support. I went ahead and did the roll bar the same also. One more weekend of painting for the top and it is time to start re-assembling!!

Attachments

• grill_paint.jpg
    grill_paint.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 104
  • core_support.jpg
    core_support.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 92

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The grill center is now satin black, along with the face of the core support. I went ahead and did the roll bar the same also. One more weekend of painting for the top and it is time to start re-assembling!!

I may have missed it in the thread - did you ever get a Marti on your truck? I'm curious how many 76 Special Decors there were.

Thanks,
Todd Z.

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

marti

I may have missed it in the thread - did you ever get a Marti on your truck? I'm curious how many 76 Special Decors there were.

Thanks,
Todd Z.

Yes. before I started the build I had the Marti report done. It did not give a total number of décor models built.

In 1976 there were 2,408 sport models.

However mine was 1 of only 162 with the paint/trim codes, that's another reason I'm going back to the original colors and stripes.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yes. before I started the build I had the Marti report done. It did not give a total number of décor models built.

In 1976 there were 2,408 sport models.

However mine was 1 of only 162 with the paint/trim codes, that's another reason I'm going back to the original colors and stripes.

Cool - thanks for the info.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

The painting is done!! The top is finished and it is time to take the paint room down so that I have room for assembling.

Oh, and the bronco had some time in the sun... ;D

Attachments

• sun.jpg
    sun.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 102
  • roof_3.jpg
    roof_3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 82
  • roof_2.jpg
    roof_2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 80
  • roof_1.jpg
    roof_1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

The paint booth has been taken down. Now I'm starting to get the parts laid out and organized. I have parts in the shop, in the house (the grill and doors are in the living room!!), in storage, and even the motor is at my parents. :eek:

I'm so ready to start seeing this Bronco come back together.:)

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
The paint booth has been taken down. Now I'm starting to get the parts laid out and organized. I have parts in the shop, in the house (the grill and doors are in the living room!!), in storage, and even the motor is at my parents. :eek:

I'm so ready to start seeing this Bronco come back together.:)

Way to go. It's coming along very nice!

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

little by little

The weather was chilly and rainy this weekend, hard to get out of the warm house but I fired the heater up in the shop.

Got the glove box and door back together. I went with the original cardboard type.

The lift gate is back on. I did find out that to install the new gas struts for the gate that the original slide struts must be "hacked" to salvage the lower mounting brackets. It was hard to take a grinder to those but I want to make sure the lift gate doesn't fall on my head in the future. haha. I'll post pictures of the gas strut install later this week.

Attachments

• glove box.jpg
    glove box.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 58
  • lift gate.jpg
    lift gate.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 63
  • top hinge.jpg
    top hinge.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Flares

The new fiberglass flares are on, that's a lot of screws but I like them better than the rivets.

Gonna try to hang the doors and get the tailgate on this week...

Attachments

• pass_flare.jpg
    pass_flare.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 71
  • driver_flare.jpg
    driver_flare.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 85
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Doors hung

The doors are hung and I got a few other small items finished.

The transfer case and transmission are in also, the motor will be next weekend. I will get pics of all that then...

Btw, the new exterior door handles were not made correctly. The pivot point for the door latch rod was way off. I had to cut the new ones off and use the original piece from my old handles.

Attachments

• door_hung.jpg
    door_hung.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 60
  • side shot.jpg
    side shot.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 62

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Coming along nicely. At this pace you will be driving it soon. Maybe in time for Super C.;D

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Coming along nicely. At this pace you will be driving it soon. Maybe in time for Super C.;D

Yes, my goal is to have it complete by March to allow time for any bugs to get fixed, and then go to the Super Celebration in April.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Just looked at this while tread.
Congrats and as others have said, looking sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
nice work ! stay on it the hard work is done. bolt in a few mechanical components and you can drive it !

GL

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Like that color... Hang in there Almost home :)

The doors are hung and I got a few other small items finished.

The transfer case and transmission are in also, the motor will be next weekend. I will get pics of all that then...

Btw, the new exterior door handles were not made correctly. The pivot point for the door latch rod was way off. I had to cut the new ones off and use the original piece from my old handles.

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

motor is back in...

The motor is back in along with the transmission and transfer case. This is the first time that having new mounts seemed to make it more difficult, I installed new mounts for the transfer case and it seemed to push it up just a tiny bit making it hard to line things up.

Yes, that is dust on the cross-member... hahaha. :)

Attachments

• motor_in.jpg
    motor_in.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 144
  • trans_in.jpg
    trans_in.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 139
  • transfercase.jpg
    transfercase.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 122