• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fibermetal build thread

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
more progress

Ok, a bit more progress towards the goal of getting this done and to Super Cel. Got the A/C hard lines bent and routed putting the trinary in the back of the line instead of connecting to the dryer for a cleaner look up front. I could use some suggestions as to what type of bracket(s) are out there that I could connect the hard lines up against the inner fenderwell.

Getting these done also allowed us to put the grille back on. Hopefully we can run the electric to get these lights working.

Attachments

• IMG_5910.jpg
    IMG_5910.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_5911.jpg
    IMG_5911.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_5913.jpg
    IMG_5913.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5912.jpg
    IMG_5912.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_5914.jpg
    IMG_5914.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 180
OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
update on some progress

Ok, bunch more progress, but, not done in time to make it to Super Celebration. As bad as I wanted to take it, just ran out of time and the punch list was just a bit too long. Protofab bumper powder coated with some sweet Rigid Industries LED flood lights, Never used 2004 Audi A-4 seats that I had recovered they have electric lumbar and are heated, Tuffy console painted to match body and I had the pad recovered same as the seats, got the dash pretty much complete but stereo still has to be hooked up.

Attachments

• IMG_5989.jpg
    IMG_5989.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5991.jpg
    IMG_5991.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5994.jpg
    IMG_5994.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_5997.jpg
    IMG_5997.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5998.jpg
    IMG_5998.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 119
OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
interior tonneau cover

Well, not planning on carting around several folks at once so, I fabbed up a tonneau cover for the back and ran my speakers behind each seat. Was not sure how it would turn out but, I dig it and that's what matters. Now I can have luggage or other crap back there and it will still have a nice, clean look.

Attachments

• IMG_5919.jpg
    IMG_5919.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 142
OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Got the sliders installed as well

shot of the sliders installed

Attachments

• IMG_5920.jpg
    IMG_5920.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 108

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Miker this is a wonderful build! Super impressed with your color choice and tire size too. Keep it up and you'll be done soon.
Matt

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Miker this is a wonderful build! Super impressed with your color choice and tire size too. Keep it up and you'll be done soon.
Matt

Thanks Matt, got a group of really great friends here in Illinois doin' what they can to help when tasks are above my skill sets ;):cool:

ChrisC74

Ok, put Dynamat in the doors like the top, Stewie put them together and hung them and did a great job just a few more things to do on the passenger door. This thing might just actually make it to Super Cel.

I'm kinda' diggin' the Hydrodipped door panels, something different anyway....

Mike - can I ask what you paid for the hydro dipping? I got a quote here and thought it was pretty high...

Thx,
Chris

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
update on some progress

ANy updates Mike?

Well,,, I have now moved from Illinois to Tampa Florida. My Bronco buddies from New Hampshire, Bronco buddies from Philly, Bronco buddies from Illinois all joke that that this rig has 50,000 miles on it.......only they are all on my darn car hauler%) Might have 10 miles driven on it. They all worked on it with/for me to some degree. Funny thing, I bought this (see post #1) from a guy in Florida several years ago when he gave up on building one - damn thing goes all over the country with me and my family for my work and we end up back in the state it was originally from.

Just about four things left to make it truly ready for the road.
1. Really needs to go hydroboost, the Ford Racing crate motor with that cam in it
just doesn't seem to make enough vacuum.
2. Need to get the trinary wired up for a/c and charge the compressor.
3. Need to get the headlights wired up totally correctly, they work but some
steps were missed.
4. Buy an amp and run the stereo wiring to play the tunes

Trying to decide whether to bring it to Super Cel or not if I still don't have it all done, or, at least the brakes.

Thanks for asking :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Mike - can I ask what you paid for the hydro dipping? I got a quote here and thought it was pretty high...

Thx,
Chris

Now, keep in mind this was a few years ago, since then the guy here in Florida has passed away - $125

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Hey, this thing have not moved in the garage in almost a year. Now that weather is cooling off here in Tampa a bit, gonna' "try" to get the few remaining things done thats needed. Gonna "try".....

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
looking forward to seeing your build move forward, we're never really done with it anyway, there's always something to improve on! Looking forward to some more pics, I love the paint color....

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Just for grins and giggles, thought I would let you all know I still have it and have not gotten off my arse to do a darn thing to it. I get mad at myself just thinking about it.

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
I don't know how to connect the trinary for the A/C fan stuff, my headlights needs some thing a ma bobs put on (have 35watts ballasts), need to source Audi seat belts to go with the Audi seats, need to put on hydro boost brakes, the ones on it just can't get the job done (crate motor just doesn't seem to make enough vacuum). Stereo still needs to get all hooked up, would like to put the metallic heat dissipating fabric on the lower fenerwells of the top where the headers run down. Tha would be just about it.