• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fibermetal build thread

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you may have a crate motor and blingy wheels, but i'm crazy and don't like to lose ;D

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Some pics of today's progress. Dizzy and plug wires done and F-250 shock towers installed - I don't remember those silicone boot protectors being so looong. I feel like I could cut them in half and give away the second set or something,,,,,,

Attachments

• F-250 chock towers mounted.jpg
    F-250 chock towers mounted.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 338
  • Side shot with dizzy, plug wires, F-250 chock mounts.jpg
    Side shot with dizzy, plug wires, F-250 chock mounts.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 338
OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Ok, Ryan got some more done today, got the serp crank pully installed (Thanks The Great Justino), got the 23 gallon fuel tank installed cleaned up a few little areas on the frame.

On another note, while I REALLY like these tires, they are new never run on, nine year old tires, cuzz would like them for his mudder and can trade some super NEW 35
BFG KM2's. Think I'm gonna do it for piece of mind. 9 nine year old tires are starting to get up there,,,,, and my rig will be 97% road driven...

Attachments

• front shot with water pump and fuel tank installed.jpg
    front shot with water pump and fuel tank installed.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 299
  • Front shot of chassis with water pump installed.jpg
    Front shot of chassis with water pump installed.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 312

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
trade! good seeing you tonight. safe travels and look forward to seeing the "finished" product

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Here's a nice shot of the rear tank installed. Yellow bushings coming off. and new u-bolt being bought for proper length.

Attachments

• rear shot with 23 gallon tank.jpg
    rear shot with 23 gallon tank.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 292
OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Got some updates, Ryan has now completed the rear shock mounts, WL 3 1/2 springs, most of the Explorer serp setup, swapped new tires for the Nitto's to my cuzz for his killer mudder he is building. New black bushings all around. He dropped the front end. put in new WH 3 1/2 coils, new front diff cover, painted as it should all look. Should not be long for paint to the engine bay, shocks and body back on for the next phase.... what do ya' think?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Here's some photos

Attachments

• front with new diff cover and black coils.jpg
    front with new diff cover and black coils.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 303
  • front with new diff cover.jpg
    front with new diff cover.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 310
  • Front photo with Explorer serp.jpg
    Front photo with Explorer serp.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 332
  • Close up of C4 and transfer case.jpg
    Close up of C4 and transfer case.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Wild Horse 3 and a half lift 11 packs and new rear shock mounts.jpg
    Wild Horse 3 and a half lift 11 packs and new rear shock mounts.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 308
OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Skyjacker sticker is coming off as did all of the Skyjacker suspension components. The tires are new with old school 15 inch slots replacing the chrome 18 inchers that unfortunately had just a little too much pitting from sitting so long. Cuzz took the whole tire and wheel set for his mudder and I have the comfort of knowing these tires are brand new.

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Looking good Mike! Will the 45 degree outlet work with the Explorer dress?

Brian, good to here from ya' jury is still out on that question. Gonna be close. Might have to go a little more "extreme" if need be.

jlylec

Damn this looks so awesome. Really making me want to do a frame off on mine! Can't wait to see it finished. What are your plans for the body? Color, cage, etc.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Mike I really like those tires much better than the ones that you originally had. That is looking real good! Welcome home brother.

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Damn this looks so awesome. Really making me want to do a frame off on mine! Can't wait to see it finished. What are your plans for the body? Color, cage, etc.

Color is a custom Dupont two stage that I worked with the paint guy all morning in his shop doing paint cards until I felt I had it dialed in to exactly what I wanted. I gave him $50 for screwing with me so long;)
Gonna try to have as much of the body parts like headlightlight/tailight rings, side markers etc. in brushed billet.
If you have or know where to find the roll bar in the green BFGoodrich poster, that is the exact one I have for this build.

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Mike I really like those tires much better than the ones that you originally had. That is looking real good! Welcome home brother.

It was a terrible ordeal Pete, beyond words on this forum. More when we can talk. Just shared the story with Randy- I'm still in shock.

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Still gotta weld on the drop bar bracket to help get the geometry all working in sync - bump steer bad said Tonto....