• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1972 Baja Barn Find (Barney)

OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
A before and after mat cleaning. The back end of this Bronco was definitely used for carrying greasy stuff...

OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
Found a nice NOS washer tank. The original was broken apart.
(Edit - A Ford part but not NOS)

Last edited:
OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor

It's hard to believe this is the same truck that was pulled out of a crappy half barn a few months ago. Too bad all the truck paint doesn't look like this, but still pretty amazing.

Last edited:

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Your brothers a magician :eek: I'm in KC, maybe he would do this for my survivor chrome yellow uncut? ;)

OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
Is there any chance you guys could line up all the products and tools you've found best for a job like this? Detailing only;)

Quick vid reviewing what he uses.

3000 grit on paint.
1200 on metal
Both wet. By hand no blocks. You have to keep an eye on the paint sanding, if it's too thin you have to stop.

Polishing can be hand or by buffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A14eOSRmzc

OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
The washer tank may be correct but is the part decal too modern? Did Ford use bar codes back then? Cool truck!

Good point. I'm not sure. I bought it off eBay so it has to be right! :cool:

Looked a little further. These are everywhere! They all claim to be genuine Ford parts so by definition they are OEM just not NOS. Thanks for pointing out this out. Time to look for a more age appropriate bottle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
This Baja has now been driven over 1,000 miles. We have developed a pretty good "drip" of oil. So that will have to be addressed soon. In the mean time it's back on and off road where it belongs. :)

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Love this Bronco and the direction you have taken on it. So cool to see it appreciated and cared for. Enjoy!

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Okay, I'll admit I'm a little rusty on my "Baja details", but this looks like under all the Poppy Red is Wimbledon White. Did some get squirted White first, then Poppy, or the opposite, someone refresh my memory.
I love that Baja, and the preservation restoration it's getting! Good job!