• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

¡2017 NORRA Mexican 1000!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll do my best to talk him into it. Contingency only. It needs a motor, wiring, and brakes to be mobile again. Guess who will have to do that....heh....and I have to prep blue torch, so... I'll try tho. Mark A has alot to do too....all we can do is try

Attachments

• Banquethome.jpg
    Banquethome.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
This would force me to make a trip down just to see this one in person!

Dude, you have to come! Besides having you there as a veteran in more than one sense of the word would be awesome - armed forces and racing! If you don't have someone to come with, just bring a sleeping bag and a fork on a rope to eat with and hang with the Bukin'eers or Kaysinger - or both!

I know we talked about doing an adventure run AGAIN, but racing got in the way ;D It'll happen.

We're doing pit support for the 1000 this year (Honda Ridgeline#201) in November to wet our whistle. I may even get the Bronco down to Pete's Camp in October for the Poker Run. Can't get enough Baja!

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I'll do my best to talk him into it. Contingency only. It needs a motor, wiring, and brakes to be mobile again. Guess who will have to do that....heh....and I have to prep blue torch, so... I'll try tho. Mark A has alot to do too....all we can do is try

What are his plans for that truck?

Last edited:

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Dude, you have to come! Besides having you there as a veteran in more than one sense of the word would be awesome - armed forces and racing! If you don't have someone to come with, just bring a sleeping bag and a fork on a rope to eat with and hang with the Bukin'eers or Kaysinger - or both!

I know we talked about doing an adventure run AGAIN, but racing got in the way ;D It'll happen.

We're doing pit support for the 1000 this year (Honda Ridgeline#201) in November to wet our whistle. I may even get the Bronco down to Pete's Camp in October for the Poker Run. Can't get enough Baja!

I'll play it by ear... I always miss Baja when I see guys down there having fun without me! lol I'm still VERY much thinking about how to do a full peninsula adventure trip with 5 or 6 vehicles...I love the "Trail of Missions" run that the DA guys do! Have fun at the B1K! I'll be in Cabo the following week...

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
You should totally chase down in the stroppe for M1K

I had SERIOUSLY considered that -- until I started thinking about the drive home! LOL The drive down (chasing) would be a blast, but man... that drive home would suck. If I had someone to trailer it back from Cabo, I would almost definitely do it.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I dunno, I'm so relaxed and chill on the way home, I think its pretty fun after the whirlwind of the race. But I know what ya mean. If you bring it, you can caravan home with us if you want. We go Loreto first night, San Felipe 2nd, and cross the next morn.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ahh, didn't know you'd sold Olly. I'm with you, the drive home is long. I'm always in a rush, have to get back to work work work. I hope in the next few years I can get out of the office long enough to do that long fun run. We sold our last horse and now I can sell the horse trailer so there may be a car trailer in my future.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I've noticed there's a lot of moving around going on between different classes. I see Rick Hurricane Johnson moved from Pioneer 4x4 to Challenger 4x4. It can be confusing if you don't read the individual class rules completely. Every year there's always at least one where they don't belong and people complaining. Some complaints are justified and some, well don't worry, be happy!

BanditBronco

Coach I would be down for an adventure run with Broncos and open it up to others as well maybe down to san felipe and back, Rally style with a bed to sleep in every night like the norra but without racing. We could even run through a company like expedition offroad so we don't have to worry about logistics and just have a good time. I am sure they would be down to do a Bronco tour if we had enough of a crew to make it worth their while.

Sorry for the hi-jack but the idea of a bunch of Broncos cruising dirt down the peninsula gets me all excited.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I've noticed there's a lot of moving around going on between different classes. I see Rick Hurricane Johnson moved from Pioneer 4x4 to Challenger 4x4. It can be confusing if you don't read the individual class rules completely. Every year there's always at least one where they don't belong and people complaining. Some complaints are justified and some, well don't worry, be happy!

And at least 100 entries so far. Good turnout to date!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Coach I would be down for an adventure run with Broncos and open it up to others as well maybe down to san felipe and back, Rally style with a bed to sleep in every night like the norra but without racing. We could even run through a company like expedition offroad so we don't have to worry about logistics and just have a good time. I am sure they would be down to do a Bronco tour if we had enough of a crew to make it worth their while.

Sorry for the hi-jack but the idea of a bunch of Broncos cruising dirt down the peninsula gets me all excited.

You could run to San Felipe and back rally style as an over-nighter. You should go farther down, and you really don't need a company to set it up unless you're taking a peninsula run. There's plenty of info readily available just clicks away.
Just as a suggestion, a loop from Mexicali down to Hwy. 1 and back up to Ensenada would be real easy to plan. Plenty of fuel stops, places to see and stay.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
An excellent banner the NORRA team made up for BajaBronco 2017!

Attachments

• 2017 M1K Andrew.jpg
    2017 M1K Andrew.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 96

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow, that makes me feel like a rock star. We are waiting on our shocks before we are mobile again. Other small updates are on the books as well as beautification. What we'd really like to do however is have some time to drive as a team before the race - so thats what we really are working toward, but it's hard when your team is spread out like we are.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Wow, that makes me feel like a rock star. We are waiting on our shocks before we are mobile again. Other small updates are on the books as well as beautification. What we'd really like to do however is have some time to drive as a team before the race - so thats what we really are working toward, but it's hard when your team is spread out like we are.

You WILL be a rock star when you win this year!

I think the hardest part of racing is testing. It takes a few trips out to make sure everything is solid and working properly. Your predicament with the team spread all over makes it even more difficult.
The H0nda Ridgel1ne team we're part of tests during the week, so it requires everyone to take time off work. in 2017 we have 5 races which means taking time during at least 10 different weeks for testing, which equals 15 weeks of hard core race involvement just for that team, then I have the Bronco race time I have to put in. Luckily the Ridgel1ne has a big team of over 25, plus tech guys for engine, shocks, electrical, etc. Testing on the weekend is ok, but there are so few of them. At least our testing area in the desert is only an hour away.

I like to take the Bronco out on some event weekends just to put some seat time in. That way we get to enjoy testing the basics more. Last year we went to the TDS run and AZ Stampede in March, then three days before I left for Baja I drove the Bronco to the Fab Fords Forever just to put some more miles on it, plus it made me take the extra time to make sure it was 100% ready the week before.