• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

¡2017 NORRA Mexican 1000!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Come and git 'em! $200 for the wiring and bracket? Seems steep to me since it's a requirement.

Attachments

• Stella Car Mount Bracket.png
    Stella Car Mount Bracket.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Same here. They said 'but you get to keep them for the next race.' I would hope so for $200!

Are you in this year enesset?

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
I was hoping to have my '69 Manx built but the cage and fabrication work cost galactically more than estimated and my diesel big-bronco-Centurion had about $4k in maintenance this year I hadn't expected....I really wanted to do the manx for the 50th anniversary of NORRA but I am out of money and short on time....always grateful for our early bronco team (Baja Broncos-Kaysinger Racing) and the ability to be a part of that and will be looking forward to I think this is our 6th year together.

Here is my big bronco towing back the manx from my AZ based fabricator

http://www.manxclub.com/forum/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=154&image_id=4620&sk=t&sd=d&st=0

I really NEED to get a photo of my EB towing the manx to Pismo?!

The EB needs body bolts and I need help getting that done.

http://www.manxclub.com/forum/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=154&image_id=4616

http://www.manxclub.com/forum/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=154&image_id=4615&sk=t&sd=d&st=0

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
YEah, thats yet one more expense!!! Hopefully it works bitchin and theres not as many problems as last years. 2 years ago it showed me as not moving for 2 days.... I was only down for 3.5 hours....

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
YEah, thats yet one more expense!!! Hopefully it works bitchin and theres not as many problems as last years. 2 years ago it showed me as not moving for 2 days.... I was only down for 3.5 hours....

Wow, same thing happened to me 2 years ago! That was the hand-held one they had though that they zip-tied on to the roll cage. This unit is pretty techy. I'm impressed. It really does a lot. Here's the vid:
[youtube]QFRGqQMBZTs[/youtube]

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I was hoping to have my '69 Manx built but the cage and fabrication work cost galactically more than estimated and my diesel big-bronco-Centurion had about $4k in maintenance this year I hadn't expected....I really wanted to do the manx for the 50th anniversary of NORRA but I am out of money and short on time....always grateful for our early bronco team (Baja Broncos-Kaysinger Racing) and the ability to be a part of that and will be looking forward to I think this is our 6th year together.

Here is my big bronco towing back the manx from my AZ based fabricator

http://www.manxclub.com/forum/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=154&image_id=4620&sk=t&sd=d&st=0

I really NEED to get a photo of my EB towing the manx to Pismo?!

The EB needs body bolts and I need help getting that done.

http://www.manxclub.com/forum/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=154&image_id=4616

http://www.manxclub.com/forum/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=154&image_id=4615&sk=t&sd=d&st=0

Do you have the side pods for your Manx? We used to be really into the Buggys - Manx's and knock-offs. A good friend used to buy and restore them just to the point they were dependable and roadworthy and a bunch of us had them. I'll have to get some of the old pics from the San Felipe area where we had about 10-12 of them in just our group of friends. There all sold now except for a couple. My neighbor friend still belongs to the Manx club and met me at the Bronco Daze event last year in Big Bear. It just so happened the Manx club Big Bear Bash was the same weekend.

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
No side pods on mine. Grandpa had one very similar when we were kids. I recall that about big bear too bad it has taken me so long on the build.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
The Bukin'eers have some great news!

Thanks to Mark (markw), Jeff (Jeff10) has joined our team for the 2017 NORRA Mexican 1000!

For those that don't know about Jeff or his history with the Bronco, check out his thread about the old days of Baja Stroppe edition Broncos and his dad's relationship with so many of the old icons that this race is about HERE

New Tech Coating Automation Inc. has sponsored us in past races, huge thanks to Jeff and this year he will be in the trenches right along with us. We're really excited to have you brother!

Attachments

• New Tech.jpg
    New Tech.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 25

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Bukin'eers have some great news!

Thanks to Mark (markw), Jeff (Jeff10) has joined our team for the 2017 NORRA Mexican 1000!

For those that don't know about Jeff or his history with the Bronco, check out his thread about the old days of Baja Stroppe edition Broncos and his dad's relationship with so many of the old icons that this race is about HERE

New Tech Coating Automation Inc. has sponsored us in past races, huge thanks to Jeff and this year he will be in the trenches right along with us. We're really excited to have you brother!

This is awesome! Will be fun to be down there all together!

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
OH MAN!! I'm SO SO Happy that Jeff is joining you guys! He was my #1 draft pick to join me if I could have pulled the trigger for another run! Man, you added a great guy to your team!

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Guys,

I need to start following this thread now! :) Until this morning, I didn't realize that Randy and Mark had posted here.

I can't say enough about how grateful I am to Mark and Randy. Mark reached out to me early last week to let me know a chase seat had opened up and asked if I'd be interested in coming along. Between Mark and Randy they made this happen.

If they can tolerate my questions for a little while longer, I should know enough to really be dangerous! I really want to make the best out of this trip, and they're helping me learn the basics.

I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of Randy's crew. It will be great to finally meet Todd and Andre in person, too!

Thanks to all of you.

Jeff

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
You got it brother!

I think being the 50th anniversary of this race really makes it special for you Jeff. We're all glad you are able to make the trip. There's nothing quite like hauling ass down the Baja peninsula in an Early Bronco! I'll have to mount another camera facing back in the cab to capture some of that! ;D

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
Jeff, I wasn't paying attention, will this also be your first time down to Baja? if so how super exciting.

I've been going down there at least 1x nearly every year since 2001 and for the last 5 years as crew with Andrew/Todd on
"Team BajaBroncos/KaysingerRacing".

I always look forward to the week of being "unplugged", cold sodas, good tacos and great times. -- Eric Nesset

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Eric, Our teams are sharing a Casa de playa grande together in BoLA. Good times ahead!

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Eric,

It's pretty much like my first trip. My first and last was the '71 Baja 500 when we pitted outside of San Filipe. That was a while ago. Lol

Thanks for the message. I'll look forward to meeting you in BoLA.

My wife just read through part of this tread. She thinks it's pretty cool that you guys all love this race so much, and that you love doing it together every year. She said it's almost like a fraternity.

I'm hoping To catch the bug this trip... and make this an annual get-away.

Thanks for the welcome.

Jeff

Last edited:

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like this is shaping up to be a great trip. Lot's of things falling into place, from finding a house in BOLA to having Jeff join us, to having help driving my truck home from Cabo. Looking forward to seeing friends from the past couple of years and enjoying the energy of the whole event. Collecting stickers and superballs for the kids. And adults....!