• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

¡2017 NORRA Mexican 1000!

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Okay, we got the canvass all straightened out We may make RR wish he'd come along! I definitely want to see Horsepower Ranch. Maybe we can head over after the drivers meeting Saturday night. Looks like Saturday will be a busy day. Got all the travel boxes sorted out yesterday, putting the bed rack in on Wed and filling the tanks before diesel goes through the roof. I may even wash it before we leave.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I was organizing pit boxes all weekend. Just a few details and we're off next week! :)

Attachments

• 20170408_115345.jpg
    20170408_115345.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I got a 2nd gold envelope in the mail just like the first, with (2)NORRA stickers, an event card and a patch. Anyone else get doubled up?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Me either! You guys are special! Hang onto them - my co-dog didn't get one so if you happen to throw it in the bag before heading to Ensenada, I'm sure he'd love to have it!

Thanks,
Todd Z.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Me either! You guys are special! Hang onto them - my co-dog didn't get one so if you happen to throw it in the bag before heading to Ensenada, I'm sure he'd love to have it!

Thanks,
Todd Z.

Sure thing!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yeah, I only got one....

Almost all buttoned up over here. Monday we start packing the trucks!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Hey Andrew and TZ, are any of your crew taking an extra few days to get back up north? I'm taking off Saturday or Sunday and have a spot or 2 in the truck for passengers if anyone wants to get back to So CA tues or wed.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I believe our crew is all driving back starting Friday morning. Gotta be at work bright and early on Monday...

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
It looks like there will be several teams heading up Saturday and Sunday, and everyone usually monitors Weatherman so I'm good!

I usually take at least 3 days but it looks like most are doing it in 2. I like to stop along the way and check out the scenery and experience it all. I realize the biggest hurdle is time off. It makes me feel even more fortunate that I can schedule myself off a couple extra days for the adventure home. We always end meeting up with different people traveling alone or with a small group and it's cool to hear their stories.

Attachments

• IMG_20160429_094238042_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160429_094238042_HDR.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 11187331_791287730939567_5806410815987275077_o.jpg
    11187331_791287730939567_5806410815987275077_o.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 31

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
Agreed. I have a 2.5 year old and a 13 month old and the last 3 years or maybe its even the last 4 years I have been wimping out on Andrew/TZ and Sam and have been flying home from Cabo. My wife is patient but I travel a LOT for work and being gone as much as I am and then adding Baja on top with the kids is brutal.....this year they are now both finally sleeping through the night so I got the "hall pass".

The not having enough vacation also sucks. I burned 1 vacation day when we had the flooding in NorCal to deal with my carpet, 6 for norra and I will literally only have 3 more vacation days for the year.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, time, it's the only thing we all get the same amount of and what's in shortest supply.I'm fortunate to be able to fly home this year but my real desire is to take the 3 day casual route up the coast and take 2 full weeks to do the whole adventure. Not in the cards yet though!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Agreed. I have a 2.5 year old and a 13 month old and the last 3 years or maybe its even the last 4 years I have been wimping out on Andrew/TZ and Sam and have been flying home from Cabo. My wife is patient but I travel a LOT for work and being gone as much as I am and then adding Baja on top with the kids is brutal.....this year they are now both finally sleeping through the night so I got the "hall pass".

The not having enough vacation also sucks. I burned 1 vacation day when we had the flooding in NorCal to deal with my carpet, 6 for norra and I will literally only have 3 more vacation days for the year.

Yep, time, it's the only thing we all get the same amount of and what's in shortest supply.I'm fortunate to be able to fly home this year but my real desire is to take the 3 day casual route up the coast and take 2 full weeks to do the whole adventure. Not in the cards yet though!

So true Mark. The only problem seems to be when we finally can, we're either too old, too tired, too broke, or maybe we just don't have the resources anymore. That's one reason why sometimes maybe my priorities aren't always in order. I sometimes put personal stuff in front of work so I can be in on most adventures.

Having little ones is another story. I'm way past that but it was fun while it lasted. That's one of those things you're glad when they get older, but after the fact you realize how much you miss those times.

We're NORRA READY! I did just find out this morning that I never remembered to change out my starter though. It was sticking after those major silt beds the 3rd day last year, but it's been fine ever since until today!

4O9r0iQLKS6bsKGCuQoigr8l0GHsxdpzSL_X0jgAbIvVulRJWUBkQP7fLOEA-8DgcDyxwGYjIFnxmqC-ZhlfI2gMoSnX0rj3HF-2u7defYeDp34RndMwvCM-IzXYmg9yNyXPI2vZlaJzA6gxcqRL2peoNq_m_LGpczK27JEBIlxZDjvFKItg_C-n78xj9D5-EvAYVQcIP1nl0fGe-QNSbXfuvI3iuH8AK5LZz_UQJP0fEBXQH5ke0CvDSM0rRzXBsDK6Ha8J70_pUI13vxmllbuQDKSIa7J5Rr_8jr4vDxvCKqMYmEfp2__LKgMskxYS6fi4BtxkhdGULYWHJf7Ye-y1E5y-mONCaMWdH_4aEDN7Ygn_ttx8ISEPgYuBEKP6m02Mgq2IrCIslI_f7R2M6pI-5mIO7CqOH3JvNBzm4foegW-KqH1aOqzGPclS84QqVLmIJzHK6MIXNVp-V28jBn54kH44N-oMCJjGBC-DDNNVOBJg1ZW8ZtdH1WVP7q2b5kXEvin_x49-LdGeVohhcCpx92B3DEub_Pd_2OfN5oskHHiy5cZ-2NbyAsTeVFW3VVq74LzP6G3CK1-8yjzxNr6U8BgI-UT0LnImiD834YNSxH1COPe4=w539-h958-no

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Randy you are so right about that. I have all the good excuses, bills, employees to pay, referring docs to keep happy, bla bla. Tried an associate, it didn't work out but I have a line on a semi retired guy who may be willing to work here part time so I can do some 2 week adventures while I'm still "young"!

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Guys,

I feel pretty fortunate to be making this trip. (Unbelievably excited about my first Mexican 1000!)

Self-employment has advantages. Like was said, though, it's never easy... either too much time and no money, or making money and not having time. Randy hit the nail on the head... it's about setting priorities, which is sometimes a lot harder to do than you'd think.

I never thought I'd get to a point in life where the kids would be on their own and I'd have time to do something like this without feeling guilty. And to the guys who use so much of their vacation time to do this one event, that's a pretty strong statement about how much enjoyment you get from this.

Let the fun begin!

Jeff

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
For me the other part is the guys on our team are awesome and having kids and living even over two hours away from even Andrew means this is often the one time a year I get to hang out. Means A LOT.