• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tonight bronco on wheeler dealer TV show

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
They started the episode, turned off the camera for five weeks, six mechanics jumped on the build, they set Ed in front of the mostly finished Bronco on a stool and turned the camera back on.

I did like the way Ed began replacing the rear quarters. That is basically what I went through, except used my laser, err I mean, plasma cutter and a grinder. Didn't like how they immediately removed the 3 on the tree. It works just fine if you rebuild it.

$8,000 for a frame with title and a few odds and ends that could be salvaged from the original Bronco. I was thinking about that last night. I paid $2500 back in 2007 for something in about the same condition, but it was a 73. I guess in 2016 dollars I paid about the same maybe?? I have at least as much money in parts as them, maybe slightly more.

I paid 5k for mine in 2014...so 7 years later I paid 2x what you did,lol

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I got to watch it again.............the body shop body sure seemed to spruce up the chassis and undercarriage shots towards the end of the show

DJT

Contributor
A little disappointed, really wanted to see Ed tackle those rusted out kick panels, inner fenders and door pillars.
I'd love to be able to drop a full body replacement onto my frame...

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
Show was pretty decent for what they could get into an hour. I have a lot of Tom's in my Bronco too..... Nice color btw......

Attachments

• IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 103

jtboarder

wow that was horrible. just when they start getting a little deeper into the repaira youre interested in...bam...we bought an already restored bronco and claim it as our own! All they had to do at that point was swap the suspension and axles over. lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
How much footage was left on the cutting room floor? How much work was never filmed since the film crew wasn't there? I am sure they filming went over the time allotted for the crew to be around.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Just like the home improvement shows, this show can get the novice into a lot of trouble. The show makes it look easy. In reality, someone had to refurbish that body. The body shop only painted it. What about the rebuild that would have been necessary on the door tracks, seals, and other things that are shot on a 46 year old car?
This is exactly why there are so many unfinished projects.%)

Bonefizz

Contributor
Loc.
The poor house
Disappointed with the episode. I expected more. Ever since they 'Americanized' Wheeler Dealers, it hasn't been the same.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Disappointed with the episode. I expected more. Ever since they 'Americanized' Wheeler Dealers, it hasn't been the same.

Agree. They have gotten lazy. No friggin way you purchase an already restored, painted body fro $4k. The paint job would cost more than that. As someone else said, was sitting there watching and Ed started into the lower quarters. I was telling my wife look at how he's cutting out the panel, grinding off the spot welds. Just what I had to do. Then next thing you know Mike has the new body, body work stops, walla there it sits with front disc conversion, painted frame, body installed and I was like WTF? Very lame. They are starting to lose me as a spectator.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I enjoyed this show when it was based in the UK. One of the real things about it was they actually worked on the cars and documented the work so we could learn.

Now all the Car Shows just take a 1/2 hour or full hour and spit out a finished product. There are a bunch of commercials, recommendations of parts or brands to use... But there is no meat to them anymore.

The bronco episode raised a bunch of red flags, something "Magical happened" in TV land. While for us in the real bronco world, it wasn't real, the whole episode was just pieced together and unbelievable.

The TV people saw dollar signs, got involved and ruined something... They gave us a sandwich with no meat in it, making it tasteless.

I respect Edd for saying enough is enough, that he has standards. He has moved on, and I wish him well. I have no idea who this new guy is. (There is a U-tube video with him saying that he is coming to the show.) But I do not see WD lasting much longer, the reasons we tuned in are gone.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
The detail that Edd brought to the show is why I enjoyed it so much. Definitely going to miss his input.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Isn't that how things are in this fast paced society... all spit and polish and no real meat?

The hook with this show (as with many others) that gets people interested is generally lost with the big networks or move to prime time etc. Read up on Mike Rowe and Dirty Jobs... they tried to change the show a number of times, but Mike said if you change it I am gone. The reason it was successful was that it connected with a group of people. if you take the connection away- it will wither and die.

Some like the drama of the Gas Monkey type shows, but how long does the fun of the drama last? Its easily replaced by a new drama. I guess I will continue watching Wayne Carini and Chasing Classics... No drama there other than the sale of a real car at a real auction.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
A couple of things that makes Wheeler Dealer unique from the other car shows. It's about the car, the work, and displaying an application for the sponsor's products. All without a bunch of soap opera hogwash.

The British dialog also makes the show fun to watch. I was disappointed when they started using their location in SoCal. I think that was the point their show started getting watered down.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
bronco

Now that the truck has been sold. I just gave an estimate to fix all the problems with it......Mark in San Diego, Beach City Broncs