• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC 75? - Don't think so

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Maybe they bought a 75 glove box and title off of Classicbroncos.com ?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
66' doors
66'/67' dash
66' dash knobs
68' and later dash pad
69' and later grill
66'-69' vacuum wiper windshield frame
later speedometer (Unleaded Fuel Only)
66' 6cyl radiator
66' fender to firewall brace
66' master cylinder
early hood style
66' tail gate

Interesting it does have the Ford below the driver seat on that 66' body. Maybe it's just stuck on there, and there's actually not a depression for it.

October 74' built 75' model per the ad..................with 302. It's a Johnny Cash bronco lol.

OP
OP
NCBeachBronco

NCBeachBronco

I sent the guy a message and he said the only thing changed was the previous owner took a 6 cylinder engine out of a '74 and swapped it with the 302 that was in it.... wow - LOL

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
That description sounds a lot like mine. Legally mine is a 77 as the title matches the frame, but everything else come from many other year EBs.

McLeod

No reason to be too critical...

I think most Broncos on the road today have major components replaced from other year Broncos.

My Bronco is made up of just about every other years parts. Who really knows what has been done over the years.

I don't want to offend anybody, but contacting a seller, who doesn't seem to be misrepresenting the truck, just to espouse your knowledge doesn't strike me as a productive use of time.

OP
OP
NCBeachBronco

NCBeachBronco

Thanks for your non-critical response. I contacted inquiring, not imposing. We actually discussed that very thing. Mine is a "mutt" of different year models as well. There are some purist in the EB community though. I shared the listing as an example of yet another transformation of our loved Broncos-not to offend... Hope this use of my time responding to you was productive. ;)

Last edited:

McLeod

Didn't mean to bust your sack over it.
It just seems like some people are overly critical or scrutinizing on the non member vehicle sales and pricing.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
This one doesn't have anything to do with "purist" or mix matching parts. It's just blatant mix match of vins. That frame will most likely have a 66' vin number, to go along with a 75' number in the glove box. Not cool.

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
Wilson NC is about a 30 minute drive from me. I saw this truck a couple weeks ago on craigslist. Thought about driving and taking a look but have too much on my plate.