• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New info Centennial Floormats NO CAN DO (you can thank FORD)

BroncoBoom

Loc.
Grass Valley
Centennial mats

Cool Dennis ,
Thanks for the info !
I would be up for 2 full sets for sure and could " Corral " some other Bronco Folks as well .
Keep us posted
Thanks
Boomer

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Yeah, these are the perfect mats. Put me down for a set.

It seems like we should be able to recreate them somehow. Maybe if we can get the exact specs from someone with a current set, we can have them manufactured 1-off so-to-speak. I have worked with two on-line companies to have products created four our business. Granted mine were made out of UHMW plastic, but the list of materials available was pretty broad. I know I could mock-up the CAD necessary to have these made, maybe worth a try. Like a custom t-shirt, only this would be custom floor mats!

just a thought.

Millar

Contributor
Loc.
Birmingham
Can we shoot for a 3rd go-round for these mats? I will do 2 sets (front and back)

Millar

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I emailed the guy I started this project with at Plasticolor to see if he could provide more detail. IIRC, I did a year ago as well to which he never responded. Plasticolor is a licensed Ford supplier, so I am not sure why they are saying Ford has stopped them. I emailed him again, if I don't see a response I will provide his contact to anyone who wants to try and chase this down.
Dennis

Millar

Contributor
Loc.
Birmingham
Thanks Dennis. I will pick it up and give it a whirl if you get me the contact info. Perhaps my good friend MP in Austin would like a set if it pans out? Ha.

Millar

I emailed the guy I started this project with at Plasticolor to see if he could provide more detail. IIRC, I did a year ago as well to which he never responded. Plasticolor is a licensed Ford supplier, so I am not sure why they are saying Ford has stopped them. I emailed him again, if I don't see a response I will provide his contact to anyone who wants to try and chase this down.
Dennis

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Thanks Dennis. I will pick it up and give it a whirl if you get me the contact info. Perhaps my good friend MP in Austin would like a set if it pans out? Ha.

Millar

There is no need to antagonize him, you posting in an over year old thread does appear as though you were not paying attention. You would not be the first to do so without reading.

I am glad you did, I still do not believe this is a lost cause, give me a day on the email I sent, then I will PM you the guys contact info.
Dennis

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX

Millar

I'm good. I have an original set.

Millar

Contributor
Loc.
Birmingham
Thanks for adding to the conversation for those of us who weren't lucky enough or had the foresight to get an "original set". You were very helpful and pleasant in a condescending way. You're a cute kid, but a time-out might be in order for you.

Millar

I'm good. I have an original set.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
As much as I hate to suggest doing business with them, it is well known that the Chinese have no respect for trademarks or patents.
Maybe someone over there would make them?
But would the quality be any good?

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I never got a response, the guys name was Bret. I worked the original deal with him and then handed the project over to Jim as I did not have time to handle ordering, shipping and such. Feel free to chase him down, I am not sure if he is still in the same role, but he should be able to direct you to who ever owns it now.

Bret Bagne
bret@plasticolorinc.com
Plasticolor
800 367-2415 ext 127

Mmflpa

Loc.
Philadelphia, PA
I never got a response, the guys name was Bret. I worked the original deal with him and then handed the project over to Jim as I did not have time to handle ordering, shipping and such. Feel free to chase him down, I am not sure if he is still in the same role, but he should be able to direct you to who ever owns it now.

Bret Bagne
bret@plasticolorinc.com
Plasticolor
800 367-2415 ext 127

I just emailed him, lets see what happens.

Seattle Rob

Bringing this back to life. Any new word if this can be done? I reached out to Wild Horses to see if they could work any magic.