• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Does this guy really not know???

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
January "F" v8, who knew?? He lost me at the painted tail gate latch, chrome gas cap, and driver only arm rest lol.

ruckin69

Contributor
I don't recall having palm trees all around my house in New Jersey either.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That truck was for sale in the back of Bronco Driver a few years ago for about $7K in 'unrestored' form. It had wide white steelies on it and looked like an original V8 truck to me but apparently it's not. Wish they hadn't done anything to it.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
BajaFresh75

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
That truck was for sale in the back of Bronco Driver a few years ago for about $7K in 'unrestored' form. It had wide white steelies on it and looked like an original V8 truck to me but apparently it's not. Wish they hadn't done anything to it.

Todd Z.

It could be a V8 U15, with a U14 FL trim tag....Nope, cut core support for V8 radiator and no surge tank!

Last edited:

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
This was for sale in mass for the longest time. I noticed the different doors as well as multiple other including incorrect parking light lens color. Sigh.

Jedhead

Was wondering how long before it was picked apart, did anyone see the three for sale for 9 k each by Trenton? Looked at those about 7 years ago and thought about 2 k for all of them. Was short on cash at he time and never followed up.Notice no steering wheels in at least 2 of them. Buyer beware!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looking through some other photos, I came across my pic of the original ad in Bronco Driver. I much prefer the truck in its original, unmolested state. I like the price better too.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• 66 ad.jpg
    66 ad.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 152

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Todd Z.

no doubt Todd...

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I think he corrected engine information

014fl805659
RARE 289 BRONCO V8!
GREAT RUNNING 289 Engine! Most 1966 Broncos came equipped with the inline 6 engine from the factory, but not this one! This one came originally with a V8. Dual exhaust . Runs and drives great. Stock intake manifold with 1 5/8" Exhaust headers.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
On Feb-09-18 at 10:41:25 PST, seller added the following information:
car is not a show room car. Still needs carpet and insulation and weather stripping all around. Inside of top is unfinished. Also received emails saying this may not be the original motor but is a period correct motor from a straight 6 conversion. I provided pics of undercarriage showing no rust or rot. Please call 973-668-1338 with any questions

On Feb-10-18 at 06:34:04 PST, seller added the following information:
I lowered the reserve to the next bid. So next bid removes it. Please bid to win

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
car is not a show room car. Still needs carpet and insulation and weather stripping all around. Inside of top is unfinished. Also received emails saying this may not be the original motor but is a period correct motor from a straight 6 conversion. I provided pics of undercarriage showing no rust or rot. Please call 973-668-1338 with any questions

I lowered the reserve to the next bid. So next bid removes it. Please bid to win

Gotcha, I didn't see the added information at the bottom, just noticed that he hadn't changed any of the misinformation in his ad.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
he's trying... haha

OP
OP
BajaFresh75

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I feel sorry for the new owner of this one. I'm surprised it sold for over 25K!