• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC Seeking advice

Tugross302

Looks good from a distance anyway. Maybe too good to be true. Go look at it in person. My advice

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
If your daughter is a teen/new driver that’s a combination of too much engine, too much ground clearance and not enough roll bar IMO...in addition to the previous post (too good to be true)

OP
OP
M

MBennett29

1strodeo, thanks for the advice, did not consider those three factors together

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looked at their other Broncos for sale.....prices seem way too low, especially for the frame off 1974 Ranger that was sold by a member on here for over $60,000 and is showing here for $13,000?!? I’ll be there in the morning for it if that’s the case.....

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
That's gotta be a scam or someone who hasn't checked the prices in the last 6 or 7 years, proceed with caution and only buy if you can pick it up in person with title.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
don't buy anything you don't personally drive and inspect. if you aren't familiar/comfortable with what you should be looking for pay someone who does.
there is alot of junk out there

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
don't buy anything you don't personally drive and inspect. if you aren't familiar/comfortable with what you should be looking for pay someone who does.
there is alot of junk out there

X2... Bound to be someone on here nearby as well that could possibly check it out for you

Good luck

1buckeyefan1

Contributor
That's gotta be a scam or someone who hasn't checked the prices in the last 6 or 7 years, proceed with caution and only buy if you can pick it up in person with title.

I agree. all of the prices on that site look like 50% of market value. proceed with caution.

pipeline010

I spent a long time (years) looking before making my deal. I would click past sites like this all the time. This is completely illegitimate. Don't be fooled into wasting a second of your time.

If the truck you linked was posted here for 13 large on the members forum it would sell within 15 minutes. And I'm not really exaggerating.

Outside of the fact that car isn't real, I work with young people....about 20% of them crash their first cars and 100% of them text while they drive (and work, and go to the bathroom, and whilst walking)....

First car = Subaru, Honda, or Toyota sedan. Let her appreciate the Bronco as a gift when she gets her first real job after college. If she absolutely must have something like this go for an FJ. They are pretty cool for what they are.

EDIT: by FJ I mean FJ Cruiser (the new ones) not FJ40. Short wheelbase + tall tires + cell phone addiction = XXXXX.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
MBennett29,
Don’t spend your hard earned money on a bronco you can’t get registered in your name. You live in Charlotte and a couple guys I know with Broncos had to have their Broncos inspected by either their local DMV or local police. Both wanted to see the stamped vin on the frame. They don’t care about the glove box door warranty tag that matches the title. Be smart from the get-go and get visual confirmation of the frames vin (in the right area) before you purchase. All of us on here can tell you if it’s legit or just freshly minted. You don’t wanna get caught with a frame with mismatching VINs.

Please forgive me for asking this and it’s none of my business but how old is you daughter? A first generation bronco would not be good for a girl starting out, especially as a daily driver. I’m not trying to be sexist it’s just not a safe, reliable and gas efficient vehicle. If you find a bronco with those three standards it’s gonna be well over the $30k mark. Again please forgive me for being that guy but broncos can be a maintenance nightmare if you or your daughter don’t have the experience. There are better SUVs for a first timer or recent college grad. If she has a more reliable daily driver then search away and get addicted like all of us has. There are several great bronco contacts up there in Charlotte. Hard to pass up Carpenters and their sweet museum. There’s a great bronco builder up there in Denver he may be your last contact you will ever need. I made the trip up there a few years ago and it was well worth it! Matt

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If we lived in town, I'd have no issues with my daughter having an early bronco as a first vehicle, provided some things were in place..........

-stock bronco, no lift and "normal" size tires
-automatic trans
-full roll cage
-power disc brakes
-3 pt or better seat belts
-no rear seats(one passenger only)
-new steering everything up front

We have quite a few miles of highway driving to get to town, school, church, etc......so she won't be driving one as a daily driver. Worked too many wrecks on the highways to send her out there with no air bags, crumple zone, etc. The one in the OP pic, I would be leery turning my kid loose with.

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
There's some Bronco folks in the Charlotte area that can likely help you out so you don't end up with being scammed, or buying a turd. There's usually something in that area on Craigslist.

I'd also second the suggestion a Bronco isn't the best vehicle for a novice driver to have. This past summer I hit some pigs running on the hiway and rolled the Bronco I was driving. This Bronco has a full cage and good seat belts. I was in a coma for a couple weeks, broken ribs, TBI, got a buttload of staples in my head, and damaged some stuff in my back which has caused some nerve damage in my feet.

I'm just now getting to the point where I can work on things to a certain degree. I was lucky that I'm not pushing up daiseys now. I've been driving 4x4s for 35 years so that likely helped as well.

pipeline010

I keep looking at this site, it's FASCINATING!

I believe it is a shell site specifically constructed to scam people. VERY WELL DONE!

It looks very professional, but many of the links are full of disinformation or just plain nonsense.

For example, the search function just doesn't work. Try to find the Bronco you're looking at via that route and it's *poof* gone.

The "affiliates" section is full of misspelled words and some incomprehensible language that is almost, but not quite, exactly the opposite of English. Indeed, the title says it all:

"Join The Best & the Largest Auto Markerplace"

I mean, maybe it is the best marker-place, I can't be sure. Staples is good too. And Office-Max before it went belly-up.

The affiliate bonuses sound AMAZING as well....for example, you get:

"X day cookie length"

"Earn X% of each sale sale"

....seems completely legitimate to me. ;)

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I'd also second the suggestion a Bronco isn't the best vehicle for a novice driver to have. This past summer I hit some pigs running on the hiway and rolled the Bronco I was driving. This Bronco has a full cage and good seat belts. I was in a coma for a couple weeks, broken ribs, TBI, got a buttload of staples in my head, and damaged some stuff in my back which has caused some nerve damage in my feet.

I'm just now getting to the point where I can work on things to a certain degree. I was lucky that I'm not pushing up daiseys now. I've been driving 4x4s for 35 years so that likely helped as well.

Glad you're OK bud, geez %)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
MBennett29,
Don’t spend your hard earned money on a bronco you can’t get registered in your name. You live in Charlotte and a couple guys I know with Broncos had to have their Broncos inspected by either their local DMV or local police. Both wanted to see the stamped vin on the frame. They don’t care about the glove box door warranty tag that matches the title. Be smart from the get-go and get visual confirmation of the frames vin (in the right area) before you purchase. All of us on here can tell you if it’s legit or just freshly minted. You don’t wanna get caught with a frame with mismatching VINs.

Well said Matt.....

D ROCK

Learn from my mistake...I bought a tub from a "Professional" here on CB. I was sent several pictures of the tub from several states away...thinking everyone here at CB was good people I sent the money...when it got here in NC it was the BIGGEST POS, to the point the shipping company even said I shouldn't take it...Dude took pics of what he wanted me to see...not what he didn't.

My advice...if you can't physically touch it and inspect it...save your money!!!:eek: