• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has the bronco well dried up?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
So have all the unrestored, inexpensive, basic broncos been found? Has demand surpassed the supply? Seems like the for sale section on this site has gotten cold and craigslist and local papers only have $50,000 trucks or rust piles for $5K. Thanks to the inter net everyone knows what they are worth and everyone thinks they can get $40K because one sold for that a Barrett Jackson. LOL I saw a totally rusted out, non running, no title, POS bronco for sale on craigslist for $7500 and the guy mentioned in the ad that with a little work it could be a $30K rig!! I guess I should consider myself lucky that I have what I have a paid what I did years ago.

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
It will be interesting to see what happens to the value on these as the Millennial's get older. From what i read they will not be into "fixing" cars/trucks so will there be any demand for EB's and other collector cars?

SHX669

Bronco Guru
We're seeing some of the same issues here in the N.W .
Yesterday a young guy rings my door bell and asks if I want to sell my Bronco ; he's been looking for 6-8 months and found what you're describing. My Garbage Man or the Mail man don't exactly recall which told him I had one parked in my driveway .
That brings up the issue both of my Insurance companies have mentioned. They're more worried about them being stolen than me wrecking them. Personally I was hoping EBs wouldn't get THAT popular but I think it's too late for that.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
LOOKED at this locally.....5500. A lot of metal comes with it....but it needs a lot too! would be just another project waiting in line!

Attachments

• rr2.jpg
    rr2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 242
  • rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 222
  • rr.jpg
    rr.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 220
  • enhanceESHOC4IT.jpg
    enhanceESHOC4IT.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 215

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
It will be interesting to see what happens to the value on these as the Millennial's get older. From what i read they will not be into "fixing" cars/trucks so will there be any demand for EB's and other collector cars?

"Is this a lugwrench?"

Attachments

• lugwrench.jpg
    lugwrench.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 173

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
LOOKED at this locally.....5500. A lot of metal comes with it....but it needs a lot too! would be just another project waiting in line!

Dang!....I think it's time to sell the Island Queen then...should be worth at least $3500....amirite? :eek:

Attachments

• surf board.jpg
    surf board.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 330

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Dang!....I think it's time to sell the Island Queen then...should be worth at least $3500....amirite? :eek:

No way, I'll give you $3550 and buy your supper? I may offer less if there's more rust than seen in the pic. ;D

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru

Lately I have noticed many threads posted here looking for a shop to do the work for them.
Of course; paying a professional shop to do the work will drive what they expect it to be worth even higher.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Bill the island queen is an easy $5k truck these days! I am not joking! I have seen worse for more!
Its cool broncos are so popular but man it was nice when I used to be able to pick up a bronco for under $5K and have something to work with maybe tinker with for a while but those days are done!

I only paid $2300 for my 67 now it was 13 years ago but the truck in the condition it was when I got it would be worth At least $8K in today market! Crazy!

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
That's what you see here in so cal. Alot of trust fund babies who wouldn't know how to open the hood much less work on it. They just pay whatever to have things fixed. If my back wasn't shot I'd be fixing broncos for cash out of my driveway.

patterdale

Bronco Guru

Holy smokes. Someone smart assed me as buying a Vin number when I bought Elise . Payed 800$ at a local auction. If this is 5500$ worth she's worth more. She's in our garage. I have some of the parts to start the restore sometime this spring.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Holy smokes. Someone smart assed me as buying a Vin number when I bought Elise . Payed 800$ at a local auction. If this is 5500$ worth she's worth more. She's in our garage. I have some of the parts to start the restore sometime this spring.

HAS a lot of NOS Ford parts but they are old and flash rusted as well....my offer was insulting I guess...:cool:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No way, I'll give you $3550 and buy your supper? I may offer less if there's more rust than seen in the pic. ;D

Heck..I'm about ready to be serious. I've got another yard truck in the works with a diesel..the Island Queen '67 needs a lot of work just to put back in yard service (rear brakes, rear frame repairs or section replaced, and a new gas tank) and does have a lot...a LOT of rust.

Has a Vintage Air AC that used to blow super cold but is low on refrigerant and with a stuck squirrel cage motor at the moment. She needs some love. The 170 ran strong last time I had a running a year ago but the column shifter has gotten real cranky and needs rebuilding.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I was just remarking to my Wife that it is too bad that we never keep a tab on how much money I have saved us by doing my own work/maintenance/remodeling on our vehicles and Home. (This started after me spending a few hours under the kitchen sink blowing out a blockage and fixing a leak) The sad thing is my two Boys have taken little interest in the repair work I do, or working on cars... And by the time they might need these skills, I might be too old to help them.

Regarding Bronco prices... I bought a 67 to fix up for $12k, and I was chewing nails about the price considering what I have paid for Broncos in the past. I had to look at the whole picture to make it work in my head. Yes it needed floor pans, rewired, and general PO clean up... But it was a solid rig, with D44/power disc brakes already done. NV3550 conversion with a rebuilt T-case and, rear end. And a host of other aftermarket odds and ends that add up in cost. But the buy price still had me thinking I paid too much.