• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stole that 77 on Mecum............

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
A guy just bought a gorgeous 77 Bronco on Mecum for $19k!
I was about to crap in my pants. If I had been there he would not have gotten that truck. He stole it!!!!!!

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Total failure by Mecum not having the right guys in the audience. or, the EB has already peaked? Awe remember when??

OP
OP
West Tn Dawg

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
A 74 that looked a lot like it followed about 2 cars later and went for $35k. I know that owner of the 77 is sick. He lifted the reserve and didn't it go anywhere.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
This is why I would be terrified to sell at auction, but the current bid would have to be at least 80% of what I could live with before I pulled the reserve...then again I've never done it so I don't know what you pay if it doesn't sell

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I don't know it's a fiberglass body, it doesn't really seem that special and theres nothing really exciting about it. I think that was an ok price. It not like your 66 west, that's a 35K truck ;)

OP
OP
West Tn Dawg

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
You may be right Ryan. I just have not seen any Bronco in that shape sell for anywhere close to that.
And thanks for the compliment!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Honestly, that bronco doesn't do it for me. Where does the fuel go.......or can I just not see the fuel doors?

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Louisville. Not a good market for Broncos. The red one was the only one of 5 that sold. The rest never hit reserve. They'll all be at Chicago or Vegas. Camaros, Chevelles did well there.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
The Bronco market has officially crashed!! Quick, sell your Broncos now before they aren't worth what you paid for them!! ;)

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Wow that light for Mecum's .. My Running Buddy sold his .. Stock 68 for 19500.00 this weekend.
He didn't want to sell it but ..He has his 66 that we built together & We hunt out of it.
... He said you know I'm 65 years old & I can now pay my house off before I am retired.
I told him to sell it. You never know what about to happen.

andyp

Contributor
Never jump to a conclusion on price of a truck at Mecum. They all look great on TV or online.

This one had a fiberglass body, no top, no spare, no doors. Only engine bay pic looked bad. Inner fender paint looked terrible. Rag tag carpet. No undercarriage shots but based on the engine bay shot I would guess it's a mess. Might not even have a glovebox VIN tag.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
What's the point of owning a '77 without gas doors?
Owning a '76 or '77 isn't easy. There's the temptation to remove the emission equipment, or not. No matter which state you live in, the value will be affected, because we live in a national market.